Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's a new week! What will you be doing?

Posted by   + Show Post

Busy, busy?

by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Jinx! We're talking about "Dark Witch" in another post. Please swung by of you have a second and let us know what you thought.

Sorry for the interruption Mem! Back to post. :)

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: Stressing! We are in escrow on our new house and have the inspection today so going out there (15-20 min away), signing paperwork, and more paperwork!

Packimg..must start packing! Eek!

Monthly school reports are due. No biggie...just gotta do it!

Usual weekly routine of Boy scouts, church, karate, cribbage, walking the dogs 5x a week, etc.
TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Spring break week this week! We went to the zoo and did some other fun stuff.

I planned on completely and totally organizing everything. That hasn't quite happened yet but most of the hs material is taken care of.
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Finally had some time to check up on cafe mom today, and it's been scattered lol. I've had tabs up to post to for awhile now lol 
This week has been SUPER busy. Jamie auditioned to be in the play Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We're leaving in a little bit to go to their first official rehersal, and tomorrow they have a rehersal too. Tuesday was our only day of NOT having anything so we got as much school work done that we could get done for the week that day. Wednesday, the local college has "wellness wednesday" where the last wed of the month is free, so we went swimming to start prepping for swim season. We were there til about noon...and for it being an indoor pool...it was cold!! The rest of the day was dedicated to cleaning up the house for game day which was today. The guys just left from that.  Tomorrow we have co-op and rehersal, so we'll hardly be home. Saturday I'm running a 5K (which I am so not prepared for!!!) and then sneaking over to the Homeschool Confrence if I haven't died lol. Hopefully Hubby will help me catch up on the homework with the kids Saturday...  

kmath
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 5:20 PM

We started our Human Body unit and his 3rd grade Grammar and Writing.  He is still pretty stoked about both of them.  He has to give a presentation on Neil deGrasse Tyson tomorrow for Co-op.  Tomorrow is going to be crazy at work too.  I had a test today for my class and haven't slept in way too long.  I am so ready for the weekend!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:22 PM

I am thinking of doing the human body next year with my (rising) fourth grader. How are you guys doing it?

Quoting kmath:

We started our Human Body unit and his 3rd grade Grammar and Writing.  He is still pretty stoked about both of them.  He has to give a presentation on Neil deGrasse Tyson tomorrow for Co-op.  Tomorrow is going to be crazy at work too.  I had a test today for my class and haven't slept in way too long.  I am so ready for the weekend!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Stop! YOu're making me tired!

Quoting No_Difference:

Finally had some time to check up on cafe mom today, and it's been scattered lol. I've had tabs up to post to for awhile now lol This week has been SUPER busy. Jamie auditioned to be in the play Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We're leaving in a little bit to go to their first official rehersal, and tomorrow they have a rehersal too. Tuesday was our only day of NOT having anything so we got as much school work done that we could get done for the week that day. Wednesday, the local college has "wellness wednesday" where the last wed of the month is free, so we went swimming to start prepping for swim season. We were there til about noon...and for it being an indoor pool...it was cold!! The rest of the day was dedicated to cleaning up the house for game day which was today. The guys just left from that.  Tomorrow we have co-op and rehersal, so we'll hardly be home. Saturday I'm running a 5K (which I am so not prepared for!!!) and then sneaking over to the Homeschool Confrence if I haven't died lol. Hopefully Hubby will help me catch up on the homework with the kids Saturday...  

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

We're doing Spring Break next week when Hubby is off for five days. Woot! I hope to organize things but I think we both know that's not going to happen. LOL

Quoting TidewaterClan: Spring break week this week! We went to the zoo and did some other fun stuff. I planned on completely and totally organizing everything. That hasn't quite happened yet but most of the hs material is taken care of.

kmath
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:29 PM

I have a bunch of books on all the different systems in the body.  We are doing them in sections.  I have the book Watch Me Grow and it has a bunch of experiments and projects to go along with each system.  We are also using the Human Body Detectives and Magic School Bus.  I have Youtube videos as well.  Pretty much I am just throwing it together a little at a time.  We are doing Cells this week.  He is enjoying it so far.

Quoting mem82:

I am thinking of doing the human body next year with my (rising) fourth grader. How are you guys doing it?

Quoting kmath:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Thatnks! I am going to look for the stuff you suggested and check it out.

Quoting kmath:

I have a bunch of books on all the different systems in the body.  We are doing them in sections.  I have the book Watch Me Grow and it has a bunch of experiments and projects to go along with each system.  We are also using the Human Body Detectives and Magic School Bus.  I have Youtube videos as well.  Pretty much I am just throwing it together a little at a time.  We are doing Cells this week.  He is enjoying it so far.

Quoting mem82:

Quoting kmath:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:37 PM

I need to do this!

Quoting ablackdolphin:

Today is kind of a messed up day as I had a Dr. appt this am.  Good thing DH did lots of Science with DD this weekend.  I'll see what comes when DS goes down for a nap and if DD is ready to do a little work.

The rest of the week is somewhat quiet. We'll try to get back into math after a little time away from it.

I've been trying to plan a few things for upcoming themed days like April Fools, May Day, Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day etc.  She always gets super excited when we have a special day so I try to use every opportunity out there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN