Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Update 2 : Need some form of help.

Posted by   + Show Post

I like to plan.  Just so I know where I'm going in school and so I can show my hubby and we are on the same page.  Well for some reason my mind will not process what classes elementary, middle, and high school should have.  I know there are the basics and electives.  I'm curious what classes you do with your children at the various ages.   Not looking for curriculum, just the class, like science, history, foreign language, and phonics.  I sometimes feel I'm doing too much with my younger and not enough with my older.

~Update~

Thank you everyone for the information and help.  I've made a graph going from PK to 12th grade and then I added all the classes I'll be teaching over the years, 16 different classes.  Then I put a colored bar covering the years that will consist of the classes. Only 5 classes span all grade levels.  The rest either span the lower grades or the higher grades.  I feel better now that I know I'm doing well with my soon to be high schooler and that I need to cut back a little with my youngest.

~Update 2~

Picture!

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Replies (21-24):
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Added picture.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:00 PM
That is an amazing picture! You did a great job. :)
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Not sure I understand your graph. But it is very neatly done.

Do the varying colors mean something?

I'm gathering you are teaching literature until 4th grade and won't start teaching foreign language until high school. Am I reading that right?
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Something where I can look down the grade and say "OKay I'm looking for something to fit in these classes" or "I don't need to do this until later so I don't have to worry about it now."

Quoting KrissyKC: Not sure I understand your graph. But it is very neatly done. Do the varying colors mean something?  The varying colors are potential years to start different programs I'm looking at in the subjects. 
I'm gathering you are teaching literature until 4th grade and won't start teaching foreign language until high school. Am I reading that right?  There is a very light blue with the foreign language that starts at PK until High school, when the foreign language actually is counted on paper, between PK and 8th grade we will be doing foreign langauge of some type. Literature will start in 5th grade and reading/read alouds until then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN