Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

ok... why can't it always be spring?

Posted by   + Show Post
Maybe it is the sun... the fresh air... the sunny mornings...

But we do our absolute best work every spring.

We were done with the teaching portion of school by 10:30 today and the kids had finished their individual work by noon.

I got to go participate in a nursing home visit/service today, we hit the library, kids had lots of reading time. I organized some school shelves and put away some new stuff for next year, my eldest went to practice for a variety show and I visited a neighbor who has been in crisis lately.

This level of successful activity is not my norm.
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Spring my patooty! We have a light snowing going on here. Spring has definitely NOT sprung gete either! lol

Quoting bluerooffarm:

LOL....because there is a tilt to the earth that causes seasonality.  ;-) Sorry I just HAD to!!

Seeing as how we now have a fresh coating of 2 inches of snow, spring has yet to have sprung here!

I'm glad you got your groove on, don't mind my rampant jealousy!  LOL

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:30 AM

This winter has been horrendous!  And it's holding on for dear life.  :-(

Quoting kirbymom: Spring my patooty! We have a light snowing going on here. Spring has definitely NOT sprung gete either! lol
Quoting bluerooffarm:

LOL....because there is a tilt to the earth that causes seasonality.  ;-) Sorry I just HAD to!!

Seeing as how we now have a fresh coating of 2 inches of snow, spring has yet to have sprung here!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Darn spell check! lol

Well, I am going to hold on for dear life too! Spring had better get here quick, that's all I have to say! lol :~)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kirbymom: Spring my patooty! We have a light snowing going on here. Spring has definitely NOT sprung gete either! lol

Quoting bluerooffarm:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha!  Spell check hates you too!  LOL

Quoting kirbymom: Darn spell check! lol Well, I am going to hold on for dear life too! Spring had better get here quick, that's all I have to say! lol :~)
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh. I am so glad you are feeling so happy now. LOL Glad I can be of assistance. :*)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kirbymom: Darn spell check! lol

Well, I am going to hold on for dear life too! Spring had better get here quick, that's all I have to say! lol :~)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

You ladies always help me feel better.

Quoting kirbymom: Oh. I am so glad you are feeling so happy now. LOL Glad I can be of assistance. :*)
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kirbymom: Darn spell check! lol Well, I am going to hold on for dear life too! Spring had better get here quick, that's all I have to say! lol :~)
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

We are in CT, so have similar weather. We have the wind advisory as well, but at least the inches of snow that Were predicted never happened. Beggars can't be choosers?

Quoting TJandKarasMom: Have we discussed where we live? I could say the same exact thing about the weather here. We are under a "wind advisory" today with gusts up to 40 mph! I saw a meme that said "what I lovely winter we are having this spring!" So accurate. I try not to complain because we choose to live in NH, but I am definitely ready for warm, sunny days!
Quoting KickButtMama:

Ugh spring is still a fond distant memory for us...we usually have beautiful weather by now...but yesterday it was 13 degrees. Today it's 30 with a wind chill factor of 10....but we lucked out with the spring blizzard missing us by a hair. I miss spring!

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Our weather is bipolar we have had temps in the high 80's all the way to below freezing. Winter weather can still happen as late as April here.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Yeah, mother nature can sure be a brat , can't she!?

Quoting usmom3:

Our weather is bipolar we have had temps in the high 80's all the way to below freezing. Winter weather can still happen as late as April here.

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep! I want to live in a place that is always in the mid 70's for the high & never freezes! Has breezes but never strong wind & only nice rain showers never torrential rain!

Quoting kirbymom: Yeah, mother nature can sure be a brat , can't she!?
Quoting usmom3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN