Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

One of two came in :))

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:26 PM
  • 10 Replies

We just got our math u see and manipulative today. I'm still waiting on apologia. Anyone know how long that usually takes? Ds was super excited to see the manipulatives. Hopefully tomorrow will go well. Still trying to decide if I should order something for language and history or continue doing what we are doing. 

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:35 PM

I love getting my packages in the mail! :-)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:20 PM
How exciting!
What do you do now for language and history?
Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:48 PM

I don't really have anything specific. For history it's a topic he chooses off of a list I give him. Right now we are learning about George Washington. Completely his choice. For language, he reads everyday and answers questions I've prepared for him. I have worksheets that I print off, workbooks and some internet work. Up to this point he's learned about synonyms, antonyms, pronouns, proper nouns and common nouns and we are working on phonics, spelling, and vocabulary words. We did some sentence structure in the beginning but I got off track.  He's also learned how to write the alphabet individually in cursive. We just started writing sentences in cursive this week. I guess I just want to be sure I'm not leaving anything out. 

Quoting kirbymom: How exciting! What do you do now for language and history?

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I know! It's so exciting!

Quoting paganbaby:

I love getting my packages in the mail! :-)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Wow! That is awesome ! I would stick with that. He is learning beautifully! Good job mamma! :)

Quoting Codysmom2106:

I don't really have anything specific. For history it's a topic he chooses off of a list I give him. Right now we are learning about George Washington. Completely his choice. For language, he reads everyday and answers questions I've prepared for him. I have worksheets that I print off, workbooks and some internet work. Up to this point he's learned about synonyms, antonyms, pronouns, proper nouns and common nouns and we are working on phonics, spelling, and vocabulary words. We did some sentence structure in the beginning but I got off track.  He's also learned how to write the alphabet individually in cursive. We just started writing sentences in cursive this week. I guess I just want to be sure I'm not leaving anything out. 

Quoting kirbymom: How exciting!

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! I really appreciate that and it makes me feel so much better. :) 

Quoting kirbymom: Wow! That is awesome ! I would stick with that. He is learning beautifully! Good job mamma! :)
Quoting Codysmom2106:

Quoting kirbymom: How exciting! What do you do now for language and history?

crystalclear12
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:48 AM

I love when stuff comes in!!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
You're quite welcome. :)
What you're doing for language and history is what I have been doing with all subjects for the past 14 yrs.! Remember, we don't have to teach/learn as long or as repetitively as the ps. And if you're not sure tgat real learning is happening, just ask a few well placed questions and listen fir the answers. Those answers are what will tell you all you need to know. So far, you are doing a great job! :)

Quoting Codysmom2106:

Quoting kirbymom: How exciting!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Yay!
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:39 AM
I love getting packages!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN