Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How much input does your husband give on curriculum?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:39 AM
  • 51 Replies
Do you take his advice?
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:43 AM
not much. He does pick out French stuff but I cannot so he is forced to with me reminding him lol I even pick out most of his science experiment stuff
NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM

None.  I mean, I keep him in the loop, but it's my realm of expertise and he trusts that I know what I'm doing.    

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM

None. I tell him what subjects we plan to cover. He may add a point that he particularly wants to make, but the actual curriculum choices are up to me.

coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I do take his advice.....he was raised in the private school world and ONLY used the curriculum we are currently using.  I think he did a great job of helping me pick it out.

He admitted to me the other day when I was going to a local place to meet with the reps to buy next years stuff.....that he would have NO clue what we needed for next year and may have ended up spending more than we needed to.  I'm glad that one of us in totally in the loop with this.

JadeTigr7
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM
I give him final approval, but usually he just goes with what I've picked out.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. He has tons of input. I also take some of his advice. But, he says it's my baby and he'll go along with whatever decision(s) I make. He helps out a lot. I love his input. When I am stuck for whatever reason, he is there, ready to help out if I need or want him to help.
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Not very much, even when I ask for his opinion his answer is, "whatever you think is best". That's when I come ask my ladies online :)
TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:31 AM

If I'm trying to decide between two (or three!) options I bounce their pros/cons off him and he shares his opinion.  He's a wonderful listener too, and has been invaluable when I'm trying to decide the best route for us to take.

ashybaby87
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:13 AM

He doesn't give any

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:27 AM

In the end, it depends on what I want. He'll be a sounding board, and give input if I'm struggling to decide on something, but he could honestly care less, and trusts I'll pick out what is best for the kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)