Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How much input does your husband give on curriculum?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you take his advice?
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Replies (31-40):
JadeTigr7
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep!

Quoting mem82:

LOL Well, that makes it easy!

Quoting JadeTigr7:

I just show him what I want online, and then he says okay.

Quoting mem82:

Does he poke through it first or is he just like Okay.

Quoting JadeTigr7: I give him final approval, but usually he just goes with what I've picked out.

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:09 PM
My husband is a civil engineer so when it comes to Math; he knows his stuff. I trusted his opinion about Math U See. So I talk to him about some things that are his expertise. Other things like spelling and LA are my babies. I also talk to him about history but neither of us have found a history curriculum we like so for now I am using living books.

My husband pretty much leaves me to make my own choices tho and he trusts me.
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:10 PM

He doesn't give advice. That's my area and he's happy to stay out,lol.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I think history is hard for the younger kids. I have The History of US for my 7th grader and they're nice. I liked SOTW okay but it's a little too slow. I want to find Volume 2 and see how that is.

Quoting chotovec82: My husband is a civil engineer so when it comes to Math; he knows his stuff. I trusted his opinion about Math U See. So I talk to him about some things that are his expertise. Other things like spelling and LA are my babies. I also talk to him about history but neither of us have found a history curriculum we like so for now I am using living books. My husband pretty much leaves me to make my own choices tho and he trusts me.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Ha!

Quoting paganbaby:

He doesn't give advice. That's my area and he's happy to stay out,lol.

CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:34 PM
This

Quoting No_Difference:

In the end, it depends on what I want. He'll be a sounding board, and give input if I'm struggling to decide on something, but he could honestly care less, and trusts I'll pick out what is best for the kids. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:56 PM

He helps me look through math and science selections. He can have as much input as he wants, but he trusts me with those things and doesn't have the curriculum addiction that I have, lol, so he doesn't give much. He's more supervisory support, lol.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:31 PM

We don't use one but he dose make suggestions of things to do & learn.

ashybaby87
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Quoting mem82:

Maybe as you guys get farther along in the journey he will add more. 8)

Quoting ashybaby87:

He doesn't give any

He'll help out with her school work, but as far as what curriculum, I leave it up to myself to research and such since I stay home and he works. Of course if I asked what he thought of something I'm sure he'd answer, I just don't look to him for advice on it. It's more of my department so to speak lol. Other advice I'll come here first :) 

Learn about healthier & safer all natural options without the high cost or sacrificing quality +make $$$ ➜ Read More You can also Get FREE SAMPLES by mail by joining my website! ➜ See how Oh, I also make Recycled Jewelry here! Have any questions? Just ask!
tntmom1027
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:39 PM

We use some of the free online curriculums and then suplement from there. I have chosen everything this year and probably will next year. I'd like to think he trusts me enough to do that lol. We do talk about what is going on etc and I'm sure as DS get's older he will have more imput. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN