Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I just hit a great Ebay sale and got Cole's Language and Science for next year for $13!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:39 PM
  • 24 Replies
2 moms liked this

MMMMMMmmm nice LOL

It's not trendy curriculum but I've used both publishers for a few years.

Both have plenty of 'tie ins' for other subjects and  expermints or projects to do. I recommend both Scott Foreman and Hartcourt. They aren't trendy or fancy but they do a solid job. 8)

by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:29 PM

That is wonderful!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Yay WooHoo! You go girl. :)

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Yay for good deals!!!!
ashybaby87
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome! I found at local thrift stores and our library book sales I'll find text books for cheap so I have a bunch for various elementary school grades to help us out. Even teachers editions! So check those out if you have access for some awesome deals as well. I know searching ebay for text/teacher editions can still be quite expensive and I paid like $3-$6/each for what I got :)

Learn about healthier & safer all natural options without the high cost or sacrificing quality +make $$$ ➜ Read More You can also Get FREE SAMPLES by mail by joining my website! ➜ See how Oh, I also make Recycled Jewelry here! Have any questions? Just ask!
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:00 PM

LOL You sound like me. I found a great 5th grade text book that's never been used at a thrift store. I don't really buy the teacher text books for the younger stuff because, well, if I can't answer the questions in a 3rd English book, I have problems! LOL Now, my oldest is in 7th and I get the teacher editions for all of her stuff. LOL

Quoting ashybaby87:

That's awesome! I found at local thrift stores and our library book sales I'll find text books for cheap so I have a bunch for various elementary school grades to help us out. Even teachers editions! So check those out if you have access for some awesome deals as well. I know searching ebay for text/teacher editions can still be quite expensive and I paid like $3-$6/each for what I got :)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:00 PM
3 moms liked this

Ooooohhh yeah! (<- Mr Kool Aid voice)

Quoting Dawn07: Yay for good deals!!!!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

dancing

Quoting kirbymom: Yay WooHoo! You go girl. :)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Thanks!

Quoting usmom3:

That is wonderful!

ashybaby87
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:20 PM

LOL! Yea, I have a collection I haven't touched - I think I should change that. I started slowly opening books and finding a corresponding worksheet to go along with it. Like a color sheet or something by doing a google search.

Quoting mem82:

LOL You sound like me. I found a great 5th grade text book that's never been used at a thrift store. I don't really buy the teacher text books for the younger stuff because, well, if I can't answer the questions in a 3rd English book, I have problems! LOL Now, my oldest is in 7th and I get the teacher editions for all of her stuff. LOL

Quoting ashybaby87:

Learn about healthier & safer all natural options without the high cost or sacrificing quality +make $$$ ➜ Read More You can also Get FREE SAMPLES by mail by joining my website! ➜ See how Oh, I also make Recycled Jewelry here! Have any questions? Just ask!
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 28, 2014 at 4:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Woot! I had to delete my eBay apps because I was a 'little' addicted to purchasing school materials...and Pokemon cards...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN