Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
How involved do you moms get in your child's/ children's lives with their siblings conversations or activities?

Our family is very clise. So, sometimes when the kids get a conversation going I sometimes jump in and get involved into what they are talking about.

How about yyou?

undefined

by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Replies (11-18):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 29, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Completely makes sense! :)

OMG! I have a kid that loves to make games and not let her younger 2 siblings ever win. Sucks being the bad guy.:(

Quoting coala:

I honestly don't but in unless it is getting to the point of one of them treating the other unfairly....I hope that makes sense.

I have one who likes to "create games and rules", but makes it so her sister NEVER wins.  The one losing gets angry because the game isn't fair....and then I have to step in and be the bad person.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:06 PM

I probably could let my older 2 get into it a bit they are so close to the same size.  They have become very good friends lately, they still argue, but they are just much better with one another.  My youngest sometimes feels a bit left out anymore.

Quoting kirbymom: I didnt/don't let my younger kuds fight, but my older ones do. They tussle and roll around for a few minutes then It's s back to being buds again. They are so close and I think it's because they get to "work out " their frustrations and move on knowing they are still good with each other.
Quoting bluerooffarm:

I try not to break up arguments unless they look like they are going to get physical.  As for discussions I jump right in.  They make awesome teachable moments!  We are also very close and our house is so small, there is nearly no such thing as a private conversation.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Aww .. sweet and sad. My youngest is going through the same thing. Plus she is also going through one of her "maturing" stages and she doesn't like it. Being the baby can be such a tough position to be in, sometimes.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I probably could let my older 2 get into it a bit they are so close to the same size.  They have become very good friends lately, they still argue, but they are just much better with one another.  My youngest sometimes feels a bit left out anymore.

Quoting kirbymom: I didnt/don't let my younger kuds fight, but my older ones do. They tussle and roll around for a few minutes then It's s back to being buds again. They are so close and I think it's because they get to "work out " their frustrations and move on knowing they are still good with each other.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I try not to break up arguments unless they look like they are going to get physical.  As for discussions I jump right in.  They make awesome teachable moments!  We are also very close and our house is so small, there is nearly no such thing as a private conversation.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, my youngest is now a "big bad" 5yo but his big brothers still remember all the baby stuff he did and remind him of it regularly.  It is indeed tough to be the baby.

Quoting kirbymom: Aww .. sweet and sad. My youngest is going through the same thing. Plus she is also going through one of her "maturing" stages and she doesn't like it. Being the baby can be such a tough position to be in, sometimes.
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm very close to making them a t-shir that they both have to wear (I've seen them in stores, but there is a significant height difference between a 10 and 5 yr old lol) and do their chores together, homework together, eat together...I'll let them pee in peace though...I'm not as cruel to them, as they are to me lol. But otherwise, they can't take the shirt off until they have 1/2 hr of nice loving conversation lol. (I can dream right?? lol)

Quoting kirbymom: I hear ya! I have to do that on occasion too. I have that same dynamics in my family to and they do the same thing. Ugh. It's so frustrating at times.
Quoting No_Difference:

typically I have to break up arguments :( Riley and Jamie can not have a nice/normal conversation ever it seems... *sigh* On the other hand, I do get involved frequently  because I'm trying to start normal/nice conversations between them. It works for a whole 2 minutes before they start arguing again. When it comes to Jamie and her friends, I usually get invited into the conversations. If I don't get invited in, I tend to listen in now and then.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Same here,lol.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Sometimes I jump right in, other times I sit and listen just for the entertainment factor...lol

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

jakana2369
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
We are together all the time. We talk about any and everything. Sometimes (when they do dishes) I love to listen to them talking.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Hahaha! I like that idea. That just might do the trick. :)

Quoting No_Difference:

I'm very close to making them a t-shir that they both have to wear (I've seen them in stores, but there is a significant height difference between a 10 and 5 yr old lol) and do their chores together, homework together, eat together...I'll let them pee in peace though...I'm not as cruel to them, as they are to me lol. But otherwise, they can't take the shirt off until they have 1/2 hr of nice loving conversation lol. (I can dream right?? lol)

Quoting kirbymom: I hear ya! I have to do that on occasion too. I have that same dynamics in my family to and they do the same thing. Ugh. It's so frustrating at times.

Quoting No_Difference:

typically I have to break up arguments :( Riley and Jamie can not have a nice/normal conversation ever it seems... *sigh* On the other hand, I do get involved frequently  because I'm trying to start normal/nice conversations between them. It works for a whole 2 minutes before they start arguing again. When it comes to Jamie and her friends, I usually get invited into the conversations. If I don't get invited in, I tend to listen in now and then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN