Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT: I hate playdoh!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

My little one has cabin fever from being sick and not really being able to run around and play much.  I invited her BFF over this afternoon and they have been into EVERYTHING.  We are talking from reading books, to playing Lego's, Babydoll's, watching movies, and the PLAYDOH.  I have found playdoh squished into the cracks on my dining room table, balls on the floor all over our great room, down the hall and into the bathroom.  I have found little tiny crumbs everywhere.  I just spent 20 mins trying to clear a place to feed these children dinner.

I can't wait for the LO to be able to go play with her friends outside.....they make less of a mess inside that way.  LOL  Just sidewalk chalk all over my driveway....I can handle that mess, I let the rain wash it away.

by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Youn can EAT play doh! !?!????! Are you kidding me? No way!

Really? ??

That's just wrong!

Quoting paganbaby:

Have you heard of edible playdough?

Quoting Bluecalm: We love playdough! My 3 year old was busy with his this afternoon. Only problem is he snuck a few bites.

jakana2369
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Lol. I tried alot of different types and still the smell gets to me.

Quoting Molimomma:

I usually don't like the smell much either but I made pumpkin pie playdough a year ago and it still smells fantastic! I could sit and sniff that all day :)

Quoting jakana2369: It being all over the house isn't my problem its the stink it has. I girls play with it in our sun room a lot. I have made the homemade and it still has the stink.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Edible Playdough You Will WANT to Eat!

It's so yummy!

Quoting kirbymom: Youn can EAT play doh! !?!????! Are you kidding me? No way! Really? ?? That's just wrong!
Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Bluecalm: We love playdough! My 3 year old was busy with his this afternoon. Only problem is he snuck a few bites.

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup, that was our last batch the kids were allowed to have unfettered access to!  :)

Quoting kirbymom: ahahahaha! ROTFLOL ... I am so never going to buy play doh ever ever again! ! :P
Quoting hwblyf:

I am no fan of the play doh.  My sons put a brown wad on the lid of my daughter's toilet.  Can freak a gal out when glancing in the bathroom.

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Quoting paganbaby:

No, I haven't. Is that store bought or homemade?

coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I would love to see how that actually works.....my youngest used to follow me around with a cleaning towel and a little hand held broom and help me clean.  I miss those days.

Quoting MrsBx:

Maybe Fimo dough would work better. We have passed the Playdoh phase and onto beading, which can also be a major pain. Try picking up all those tiny little beads out of shag carpeting. Scotch tape helps. Fimo and Sculpy dough are not so crumbly but they are much more expensive. Too bad we don't teach our kids how to play at being janitors or maids, where they can actually clean house as their form of play :)

Vegandreams
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:57 PM
I dot even buy playdoh haha I hate it too, I think the smell is just awful
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Amen. I miss those days too!

Quoting coala:

I would love to see how that actually works.....my youngest used to follow me around with a cleaning towel and a little hand held broom and help me clean.  I miss those days.

Quoting MrsBx:

Maybe Fimo dough would work better. We have passed the Playdoh phase and onto beading, which can also be a major pain. Try picking up all those tiny little beads out of shag carpeting. Scotch tape helps. Fimo and Sculpy dough are not so crumbly but they are much more expensive. Too bad we don't teach our kids how to play at being janitors or maids, where they can actually clean house as their form of play :)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:25 PM
OMG! That was very interesting to read and learn about. I enjoyed that page. Thank you for showing me this! :))
I am also going to try it out too! lol

Quoting paganbaby:

It's so yummy!

Quoting kirbymom: Youn can EAT play doh! !?!????! Are you kidding me? No way!

Really? ??

That's just wrong!

Quoting paganbaby:

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Quoting paganbaby:

It's so yummy!

Quoting kirbymom: Youn can EAT play doh! !?!????! Are you kidding me? No way! Really? ?? That's just wrong!
Quoting paganbaby:

When I was a kid I made something similar with chocolate chips in it. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)