Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rosetta stone for spanish - 1st grader

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hello Ladies,

We used free tools available to learn basic Spanish. Now i think i have to invest either on a Spanish teacher or any online curriculum for our Spanish lessons.

Which is best way to teach Spanish? I am looking online where she can self taught.

Shall i invest in RosettaStone level 1-5 which is $269  is it worth.

I am Very confussed.  please advice.

www.fromandforkids.wordpress.com
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:32 PM
My 13 yr old has a couple of Spanish apps on her phone and is teaching herself Spanish . She loves them.
dizzy91
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Personally, I don't like Rosetta Stone. I've tried it, and I just don't like it. 

Have you checked out Livemocha? It's run by Rosetta Stone now, but it's free for the most part. You can even get professional feedback. There's a price you can pay to have all lessons unlocked, and it's not that bad of a price from what I remember. It's also pretty much a Rosetta Stone alternative, but with actual, real feedback.

I'm not all too certain for a 1st grade level. We always just watched shows and learned basics through usage. Salsa was a great show for kids. Even with no Spanish knowledge, it's easy to pick up a lot of what they're saying.

http://www.gpb.org/salsa/goldilocks-and-the-three-bears

julesjerry
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Thank you i will chcek the link

Quoting dizzy91:

Personally, I don't like Rosetta Stone. I've tried it, and I just don't like it. 

Have you checked out Livemocha? It's run by Rosetta Stone now, but it's free for the most part. You can even get professional feedback. There's a price you can pay to have all lessons unlocked, and it's not that bad of a price from what I remember. It's also pretty much a Rosetta Stone alternative, but with actual, real feedback.

I'm not all too certain for a 1st grade level. We always just watched shows and learned basics through usage. Salsa was a great show for kids. Even with no Spanish knowledge, it's easy to pick up a lot of what they're saying.

julesjerry
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Can i know the app name. pls

Quoting kirbymom: My 13 yr old has a couple of Spanish apps on her phone and is teaching herself Spanish . She loves them.

hipmomto3
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

We have Rosetta but I would not recommend it for a 1st grader. Your pronunciation has to be VERY precise, and I don't think most 1st graders could do it well. It would be very frustrating (it will make you repeat the word or phrase over and over again until the computer thinks you've done it correctly).

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Now that's something I wouldn't mind checking out!

Quoting dizzy91:

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

julesjerry
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Hmm! that is something i have to think. For this reason i wont buy..

Thank you.

Quoting hipmomto3:

We have Rosetta but I would not recommend it for a 1st grader. Your pronunciation has to be VERY precise, and I don't think most 1st graders could do it well. It would be very frustrating (it will make you repeat the word or phrase over and over again until the computer thinks you've done it correctly).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)