Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I can not believe it is the last day of March and we wake up to this junk falling from the sky...again! Here in southern New England it's usually in huge 50-60's this time of year....waaaaaah!

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:05 PM

That's why I was so shocked to see the snow! We've had forests saying it will be highs of 50's & 60's all this week. So when we woke this morning and my youngest was saying "mom look at all the pretty snow" I told him to stop joking around. We actually got about 3 inches, but it stopped snowing around noon, and now most of it is gone to mud (as it did get up to about 45 this afternoon.

Quoting hwblyf:

So we've got snow in our forecast, though with the temps in the days of around 50, I don't think the forecasters have it right...  :)  Yesterday was 73, tomorrow will be 43....I'd like to keep going warmer, not fluctuate!

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Blech.  Muddy and cold.  Not my favorite combo.  Hope it warms up and dries out for you!

Quoting KickButtMama:

That's why I was so shocked to see the snow! We've had forests saying it will be highs of 50's & 60's all this week. So when we woke this morning and my youngest was saying "mom look at all the pretty snow" I told him to stop joking around. We actually got about 3 inches, but it stopped snowing around noon, and now most of it is gone to mud (as it did get up to about 45 this afternoon.

Quoting hwblyf:

So we've got snow in our forecast, though with the temps in the days of around 50, I don't think the forecasters have it right...  :)  Yesterday was 73, tomorrow will be 43....I'd like to keep going warmer, not fluctuate!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sad.  Not at all.  Maybe they're scratch and sniff?

Quoting KickButtMama:

Is it sad that I was sniffing my iPad screen when I saw them? Sadly 'smell-o-vision' still hasn't been invented.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Those crocus pictures made me tear up.  I'm so sick and tired of snow!  We got nearly 6 inches yesterday.  Thankfully it is now nearly 50, so it's down to just patches.  The rest of the week is in the 40s and 50s and rain.  Thank goodness.  I'm going stir. freakin. crazy!

jen2150
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I am in VA please don't send any our way. I have too many trips planned this month. Boxer wood in Lexington, Busch Gardens, and the homeschool engineering fair in DC. No time for bad weather. I am so ready for spring.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

This showed up on my FB feed in 2 different places today.  LOL yep, exactly how I feel!

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Sorry! I was hoping to make you feel better. :)

If it helps at all we went for a hike and I let Zoomer loose. Now we've got a big muddy dog to wash up. :)
GodsAmiga
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:58 PM

I hear ya! We had a snow storm again on the last day of March as well. It's sad that it's April now and there's still snow on the ground. However here it isn't unusual for it to snow in May. :-(

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw this on Facebook and cracked up:

Amber Alert:

AMBER ALERT : Name : Heat Miser. White Male with jacked-up red hair. 2 ft tall, 74 lbs. Missing since November. If spotted, tell the little bastard to get back to work!

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:28 AM

My youngest wants to live where it snow so badly,lol. Out here I wore shorts and tank top on Christmas :-/

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:28 AM

LOL!

Quoting KickButtMama:

I saw this on Facebook and cracked up:

Amber Alert:

AMBER ALERT : Name : Heat Miser. White Male with jacked-up red hair. 2 ft tall, 74 lbs. Missing since November. If spotted, tell the little bastard to get back to work!

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)