Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Book exchange

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:05 AM
  • 8 Replies
I was recently asked to do a book exchange. You send out 6 letters and 1 new book and your child gets 36 books back. I have never tried it before but it sounds like a great idea. If you would like to join please pm me your address and I will mail out the letters.
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I must be slow this morning,lol. BUt how does it work?

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:39 AM

You have a week from recieving the letter to send out a book.  There are two kids on the list.  The child from two different families.  You send a book to the first child and on the letter you put the 2nd childs name first and your child second.   It is kind of like a chain letter but kids get books instead of you getting stupid stuff.  It actually says it is not a chain letter . You are suppose to send out 6 letters. 

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I'll try it...I think you should put the child's name and age though...I know my 5th and 6th graders wouldn't want a pre-reader, you know?

Mommy2Desiree
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:01 PM

I signed up to do this for my daughter last year. We didn't get not ONE book back. 

♥ LIZ & DESIREE ♥

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I'm out of control and at times I'm hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:37 PM
That's not nice. I hope we get some back and it works.

Quoting Mommy2Desiree:

I signed up to do this for my daughter last year. We didn't get not ONE book back. 

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:39 PM
They have a place for age. PM me your address and I will send it out today

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I'll try it...I think you should put the child's name and age though...I know my 5th and 6th graders wouldn't want a pre-reader, you know?

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I did something like this years ago with flip flops & I never got anything back! So I don't do things like this any more!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 1, 2014 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I've tried this when I was younger but it never went anywhere. I hope this works out for you though. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN