Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

So... my ol man is a pipefitter and we travel with him from job to job since about may last year... We are orginaly from Arkansas but have been in many diff states... He has been working a job at home since sept last year and we plan on leaving here and going back out on the road at the beginning of may.. I have a 13yr old and a10 yr old and im trying to find things online that i can print off that they can have in their truck bag to be able to pull out and do when ever they want... Now we have the normal ipads, dvd players, books to read, mp3s, ds's, and stuff like that but hey the electronic stuff will only go so far. Especially when some trips we will be on the road for 12-13hrs at a time...   Btw we will have a almost 1yr old lab in the back seat with the kiddos to lol...    So any ideas ladies... i have found some coloring sheets, puzzles etc like that and a couple games i can print that they can play together but just looking to get a few more ideas so i have a variaty of stuff to decide from... and if i dont use it this time around aleast ill have it for when we go on to the jobs after lol.. it can be education or just fun stuff....

by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:45 AM
Replies (21-21):
crystalclear12
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:22 AM

So glad you checked it out and liked the stuff!

Quoting bldjrs123:

This mindware site is great!!! got lots of sample pages so the kids can try them out and see which they like best... and seen lots of games and things that could be use for in the truck and at the motels to keep them from getting so bored of the same ol same and to help them work together....

Quoting crystalclear12:

My kids love doing extreme dot to dot books. 

http://www.mindware.com/p/Extreme-Dot-to-Dot-US-History/62011

lapbooks are a good idea, lots of cutting and gluing and filling in information. 

How about puzzle pieces with magnets to the back and each have a cookie sheet to put the magnet pieces.

bingo printed sheets of license plates!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)