Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How does this week look? Good? Bad? Busy? Slow?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 7:51 PM
  • 14 Replies

Let's hear  it. I always get ideas after reading these posts.

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TidewaterClan
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:19 PM
Lots of action this week. USAF Museum HS Day tomorrow, library event Tuesday, orthodontist Wednesday, park activity on Thursday.

Plus our regular learning in between. :)
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Pretty typical this week....I have to work each day except Wednesday...Wednesday is HS gym and then DD has dance and we do dinner with DHs grandmother. And just regular old learning in between. We only have eight weeks left to our first year of homeschooling! So we are just chugging along hoping to finish our curriculum, I think we can actually do it!
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Proably slow. It's been a really stressful weekend. Right now the girls are at my sil's till tuesday, then ds is going for a sleepover with my step dad til wednesday. We're just going to take it easy this week.

MaryJarrett
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Average. Normal work load, library and discovery center on Thursday. Same old, same old.
jen2150
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Beyond busy. Today was horrible. I need tomorrow to be an improvement.
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:01 PM

I'm tired. So right now this coming week looks....like a lot

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Well, we are supposed to start back tomorrow after taking last week off.  The boys were supposed to start a new subject (we use the block scheduling) but I was unable to get it ready because Friday I bent over and hurt my back.  I am still unable to bend over or do much of anything.  The boys can do their Teaching Textbooks and I guess my daughter is just going to have to do a few worksheets. 

We are also expecting bad weather tomorrow (including possible tornadoes).  Thankfully most of it is supposed to be in the morning so maybe it will be out of here and we can get a little bit done.  We live in a mobile home, so we will have to leave if is starts getting bad.

Hopefully I will be albe to get the boys Biology ready.  I also need to get Geography ready for all of them (we will do it together).

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:38 PM
This week is spring break for our charter but I was tryimg to get the kids to work this week and take off next we as we are moving at the end of the month. Nope..uggg. Bummed we cant go do something fun on break but we will be packing since all our $$ is tied up in the move.

We have Boy.Scout Camporee Fri-Sun and I am co-director. We will go at 7am to set-up camp before I have to register 450+ people.
SarahNElijah
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:32 PM
This is a pretty busy week, with more days out then usual!

We are studying Spain (and explorers to go along with it) tomorrow.. Making a compass, map reading, navigation by stars, etc.. Then we have soccer practice.

Tuesday we are taking the train into downtown Dallas with a close friend, and going to go up in Reunion Tower's observation deck and explore the city, followed by Jiu Jitsu.

Weds morning we have music class, and this week they are having a park meetup after. Then we will head to the library, and then after dinner the Botanical Gardens is doing a presentation on Birds of Prey. :)

Thursday we will start our research project for a presentation Elijah is going to put together/give with several of our homeschool friends, along with math, cursive, German, and piano, and Friday we will do all the regulars for school and then go play with a friend in the afternoon. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bldjrs123
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:48 AM

Slow... SOn went on the 18 wheeler with his bio dad and daughter went to stay a night or two with their step mom.... Both should be back by thursday if not before.... We have our state test Friday!  Then gonna take a few weeks off (may do a little stuff) as we are getting ready to go back out on the road around may 1st.... So ready too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)