Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How does this week look? Good? Bad? Busy? Slow?

Posted by   + Show Post

Let's hear  it. I always get ideas after reading these posts.

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Replies (11-14):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:07 AM

School related:
Jamie: It looks like we're finishing up westward expansion in history this week so we're going to work on a game with all American presidents from 1789-1850 to wrap up the unit. For math, we're on teh 2nd last chap of MUS of her book :) We may even get the last chapter finished this week if I don't drag it out... Writing, she's "publishing" her last story of the year. Science, she's doing her own thing. I think she picked out a physics book to read...we'll see how that goes. It was totaly up to her what she wanted to learn for the rest of the year. I think we're on the last story in reading too. Apparently its our last week of school for everything but history and spelling lol. 

Riley: We're taking a break from "formal" school and switching over to games again for a little bit. We're playing math games to work on speed, and I've been having him do word unscrambles for spelling review. Once he makes it through his deck, he's officially done with spelling. With readnig, I just have him read two stories to me every day. 

Non school related:
Monday: prosthetics aptps for hubby this morning, running my neighbor to her job, then picking up her kid from school and taking them to an appt, then girl scouts 
Tuesday: play rehersal for Jamie, and another appts for hubby
Wed: shooting at the range, and dancing with my neighbor
Thurs: play rehersal (whew, a light day!)
Fri: Something with my neighbor in the morning, and then co-op 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Bad and slow.  I have 3 sick little boys!  Levi dropped on Wednesday, right after his DORA test.  Then Zave and Q dropped Friday afternoon.  We need to pick up the pieces and try for some progress, but today the fever are still pretty high, so they are curled up watching Casper the Friendly Ghost.  We'll see how the week goes, but we're at our testing days and we won't restart the tests until they are at 100%.  We only have 11 more days (we took Friday off totally) until we are done!

mommaof697
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:18 AM

first 2 days busy and good then we slow down for the rest of the week. Til Sunday (church, potluck, and piano recital.)

elizabooks
by Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Normal week for us mostly.

Language class on monday & regular book work

Regular class work and swimming class on tuesday plus 2 hours in the pool

Co-op Math carnival on wensday plus computer work.

Thursday: we have friends over and they will all be painting the playground and doing yard work. plus 2 hours at the gym pool

Friday: Cooking video for the DIY youtube channel, book work & computer work

Saturday: Outdoor nature hike and volunteer work

Sunday: language lessons, computer work and book club reading.

Thursdays are normally our non school day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)