Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Sonlight Went Secular...

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:05 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

Well they put together a secular curriculum. I love the name!

BookShark is bold, book-based home education. We empower parents to engage children and cultivate bright minds. BookShark equips parents with the tools they need to create a comprehensive, enriching educational experience for their children at home.

The BookShark curriculum has been developed and validated over two decades of active use by homeschool families. Since reading is the keystone of learning, BookShark’s proven model produces industry-leading educational outcomes.

From the leaders who built the award-winning Sonlight® system, BookShark offers parents, schools, and school districts a literature-based academic program that meets the needs of all American homeschool families. BookShark also knows that book-based home education delivers unrivaled educational outcomes. BookShark’s sister company, Sonlight, reports that its student's SAT scores are 27% higher than other homeschool programs and 40% higher than public school.

Leading educational experts believe that books are a dominant indicator in children’s educational success and educational options. This is the core belief of the BookShark system. BookShark-educated children are exposed to a wide array of many of the best books every written – both fiction and non-fiction. From timeless classics to many titles that earned the prestigious Newbery Award and other children’s book award programs, these texts are interwoven into an award-winning curriculum outlined in BookShark’s proprietary Instructor’s Guides.

BookShark knows that a leading reason parents choose homeschooling for their children is a desire to deeply engage with thought-provoking ideas and challenging questions. These are naturally interwoven into the Bookshark system, which promotes great discussion, deep engagement with the material and the family, and creative thinking.

Share BookShark’s unrivaled program with your family. Learn more about BookShark and purchase the curriculum and underlying readers directly on BookShark.com. BookShark also is available through select public schools and districts around the U.S.

BookShark sells directly to homeschool parents and to schools and school districts primarily in the United States. From the creators of the award-winning Sonlight curriculum, BookShark is headquartered in Littleton, Colorado.

Shop Now or Contact Us today.

You know, it seems to me that there is so much more to the world than the average eye is allowed to see.

I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders than you could have dreamed of. - The Doctor

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MaryJarrett
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:06 PM
Cool!
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Nifty!

TidewaterClan
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!  I'll check this out.  They offer a ton of good reading books with their program, but I've never looked much since they weren't secular.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:54 AM

I wish they had high school, but might work for my kindy.  I loved sonlight philosophy and wished they were secular.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)