Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Letter of intent to homeschool

Im in nj and by law we do not have to notify anyone. However the school told me that i had to notify the board.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Replies (41-41):
sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 8:21 PM
From what I've read, yes anyone whose child is attending school needs to officially withdraw the child to not be considered truant.

Quoting kirbymom: You're right on that. Other than not filling out the form entirely, she is legal. She didn't even have to do that.
Sometimes giving more information than asked can be harmful. Sometimes not. I believe in this ibstance, it is.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

She filed an incomplete form. She says she did not put homeschool in the field for where he was transferring to.

Quoting kirbymom: If you read the state's laws, it states that a homeschool is considered a school, so technically she IS transferring him. She is transferring him to the "home*school" .

Quoting sha_lyn68:

I don't believe she filled out forms to withdraw him. The only form I've seen her mention is a transfer form which she only filled out part way because there was no school to transfer him to.

Quoting KickButtMama:

I'd say you are all set. If you filled out the forms already to withdraw him,then you have done all that is legally required of you. If the board of Ed contacts you about homeschool, I'd send them a copy of the law rather than a statement of intent. You have done all that is required so no worries!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)