Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone going on vacation this year?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:36 PM
  • 35 Replies

Are you planning anything?

by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GodsAmiga
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:08 PM

We are going to go to Tokyo Disney next month. :-)

Proud-young-mom
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:24 PM
We plan on going in May. We will homeschool for a month from now until May. And in May we will start our summer break.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:34 PM

The last week of July, for sure Riley and I are going to WI. Jamie and hubby might go if Jamie doesn't make it to All Stars, but we won't know until the second last week of July... Hubby and I MIGHT get to go to Alaska...we haven't been told if we made the trip or not yet. We MIGHT go to WI for Christmas this year too... but that is still up in the air. There are going to be lots of mini vacations to Gettysburg and DC this summer though... and a few near by camping trips when we can squeeze them in. Our "summer break" should be starting in a week or two if I'm reading my schedule right... (when did that happen?! lol) We did just start with toying around the idea of schooling year round, but do our 5 min a subject a day (except reading...thats always at least a half hr) during June & July since swim team wipes us out so much.  

jen2150
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Absolutely not. We are spending it at home this year. I went somewhere last summer and it was exhausting. We are planning on taking lots of mini vacations.
chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:05 PM
This summer we are going to the Kenai Fjords to take an ALaskan cruise so we can see the glaciers, marine life and other animal life. We're also going to do a lot of hiking, fishing, and shooting at the range. During the winter (we're in AK) we're planning a trip to Hawaii. I figure I can somehow make the trip school related and the boys won't miss much schooling. I marvel at how wonderful it is to live on my own schedule and not the governments.
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:09 PM

The beach!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:16 PM

That's different. have you been to the stateside parks? You'll have to tell us how they differ.

Quoting GodsAmiga:

We are going to go to Tokyo Disney next month. :-)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay! We might go up to Lake Erie. A beach but not an ocean.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

The beach!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Cruiseships freak me out. It sounds great, though. My stepgrandparents did that type of cruise up there once. Beautiful pics!

Quoting chotovec82: This summer we are going to the Kenai Fjords to take an ALaskan cruise so we can see the glaciers, marine life and other animal life. We're also going to do a lot of hiking, fishing, and shooting at the range. During the winter (we're in AK) we're planning a trip to Hawaii. I figure I can somehow make the trip school related and the boys won't miss much schooling. I marvel at how wonderful it is to live on my own schedule and not the governments.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:20 PM

We are going to the beach in September when it's cooler and costs less!  :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN