Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone going on vacation this year?

Posted by   + Show Post

Are you planning anything?

by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Replies (31-35):
AmyMamie
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kirbymom: I have to ask, What is a vacation?

lol  That's how I usually feel, too.  Every year we have to go to Minnesota to visit my in-laws, and while my husband hikes and sees family, I take care of our busy little boys while hanging out in my MIL's tiny apartment.  NOT a vacation (tho hubby claims it is).  So I'm thrilled that this spring we get to go in the opposite direction and see the west coast.  Yaaaaaaaa!  clapping Hopefully you'll get to have a real vacation again sometime soon, right? 

AmyMamie
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Doesn't it sound just perfect?  My dream vacation, too (if the boys behave during the long drives).  The only thing that could top it is a week at a spa where they feed you, give you massages and facials, and force you to relax for days on end.  lol

Quoting 4wildbeasts: That is my version of a dream vacation!
Quoting AmyMamie:

In May we get to go to the southern Oregon coast and stay in a treehouse resort, explore the redwood forest, then drive up the coastline to Olympic National Park, and stay awhile with family on Vashon Island.  We hope to also go to Victoria, B.C. and see the Buschart Gardens.  That place will make a GREAT field trip!  :)  Making this a driving trip means that we can stop and enjoy the desert we drive through on the way there, and talk about all the different biomes that we'll see.  Can't wait!!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Lol
I can definitely feel your pain with what is considered a real vacation. :) Going somewhere and doing the same thing as at home is Not getting a break or having some downtime.

Yeah, hopefully we get to have a vacation soon. Otherwise I might not have any hair left! LOL :)

Quoting AmyMamie:

Quoting kirbymom: I have to ask,

What is a vacation?

lol  That's how I usually feel, too.  Every year we have to go to Minnesota to visit my in-laws, and while my husband hikes and sees family, I take care of our busy little boys while hanging out in my MIL's tiny apartment.  NOT a vacation (tho hubby claims it is).  So I'm thrilled that this spring we get to go in the opposite direction and see the west coast.  Yaaaaaaaa!  clapping Hopefully you'll get to have a real vacation again sometime soon, right? 

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:17 PM
We are planning a surprise trip to Disney World in September. It will be our first week long, family vacation. And first time to Disney for the kids and I.
Mweddle
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:20 PM

I am so excited about our trip this year.  We are going on a road trip.  Driving through Arizona and seeing the grand canyon, then driving to Joshua Tree.  Then we are driving to Anaheim.  We will be staying in Anaheim for 2 full days.  We will go to Disneyland one day and the beach the next.  Then we are driving to Yosemite and camping for 3 nights.  We have hikes planned and its going to ROCK!  Then we are going to San Francisco to see the Golden gate bridge, Chinatown, and Alcatraz. Then we will start our journey home where we will be stopping in Salt Lake City and then Alamosa to see the sand dunes.  Then home!  I am so excited and I am counting down the days!  AHHH! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN