Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you do more classes/sports in the summer than in the winter?

Posted by   + Show Post

????

by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Replies (11-15):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 9, 2014 at 6:15 PM

What a fun learning experience, raising all those animals! There is a small farm that joins the end of my father-in-laws yard and they have Scottish donkeys, and I swear he feeds them more than their owners do! Lol it's like they are his pets! I wish we had the room to grow animals like that...but I know nothing about that kind of thing...lol...I'm such an urbanite!

Quoting jen2150: Summer is busy but not with activties. We do park days, free bowling and movies in the summer. Most of our co-ops and classes are during the school year. Karate is all year long. We raise chickens, peacocks, guineas and ducks so our summers are very busy at home. We sell eggs and chicks during the summer. Summer is busy but in a different way.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:41 PM
It is a great learning experience. During the summer we take our eggs to market. My sons take turns handling the money. I also give them a portion of what we make. Last week they cleaned out one our chicken houses. It was a small one but it took them hours to finsih. They did a great job but not one of their favorite jobs. It was also their idea. I think they have spring fever. April and May are so very busy. We are currenlty getting reading for chick very soon.

Quoting KickButtMama:

What a fun learning experience, raising all those animals! There is a small farm that joins the end of my father-in-laws yard and they have Scottish donkeys, and I swear he feeds them more than their owners do! Lol it's like they are his pets! I wish we had the room to grow animals like that...but I know nothing about that kind of thing...lol...I'm such an urbanite!

Quoting jen2150: Summer is busy but not with activties. We do park days, free bowling and movies in the summer. Most of our co-ops and classes are during the school year. Karate is all year long. We raise chickens, peacocks, guineas and ducks so our summers are very busy at home. We sell eggs and chicks during the summer. Summer is busy but in a different way.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:42 PM
It is a great learning experience. During the summer we take our eggs to market. My sons take turns handling the money. I also give them a portion of what we make. Last week they cleaned out one our chicken houses. It was a small one but it took them hours to finsih. They did a great job but not one of their favorite jobs. It was also their idea. I think they have spring fever. April and May are so very busy. We are currenlty getting reading for chicks very soon.

Quoting KickButtMama:

mhaney03
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM

we do more school in the summer and takes breaks in spring and fall, it gets dangerously hot here in the summer, too much to stay outside for too long.

collinsmommy0
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:59 PM
I signed my almost preschooler (3) up for swimming this summer. He's signed up for 3 weeks. He's terrified of water where he can't touch so it will be hard work for him. (I just want him to learn some swim safety, we belong to a pool but it has a kiddie pool where he mostly hangs out)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)