Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Ok, maybe I'm out of touch. I mean it's been many a year since I was in school myself, and my kids have never been to PS. But this is freakin rediculous! The clip I attached is a public service announcement from Australia to promote staying in school. I think it's disgusting that when thinking of things that would inspire kids to learn, they had to equate not learning to being blown up! Yup you read that right, the kids that skip school in this clip are blown up.

WARNING: It's graphic. (And it ran on Regular Television in Australia! )

Thoughts?

by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Replies (11-14):
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh that's funny then,lol.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

This is a spoof!  It's not real.  They did not air it.  It went viral about 3-4 months back and then the original website came out with the fact that it was just a joke (very dark humor).

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 12, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Quoting bluerooffarm:

This is a spoof!  It's not real.  They did not air it.  It went viral about 3-4 months back and then the original website came out with the fact that it was just a joke (very dark humor).

Shut the front door! I don't get the joke..one of the kids at my co-op this week showed a group of kids this video so I had parents complaining out of my ears about it. I had no idea it was a tasteless prank. People never cease to amaze me....in good and bad ways.

the articles I read made it out to be real PSA's that ran, several different with severe Gallows humor. 

Article 

but either way, they are brilliant at making a viral, disgusting video.

Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:57 AM
I saw this a few months ago but it wasn't as clear because the clip I saw started with them at the beach. So it wasn't clear they were skipping school. Either way, a bit too gruesome for my taste.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Shut the front door! I don't get the joke..one of the kids at my co-op this week showed a group of kids this video so I had parents complaining out of my ears about it. I had no idea it was a tasteless prank. People never cease to amaze me....in good and bad ways.

the articles I read made it out to be real PSA's that ran, several different with severe Gallows humor. 

Article 

but either way, they are brilliant at making a viral, disgusting video.

I thought it was totally sick the first time I saw it.  Thankfully I knew better than to watch it this time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN