Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
So it seems that we all have very different views of the whos, whys and hows of trust. It would also seem that we have different views on anti social behavior...

Now maybe it's just the rebel in me but I don't want to raise 'good little cogs.' I don't want hell raisers either. I'm trying to raise individuals who think outside of the box. I personlly want my kids to have a healthy fear of anything government. Our government is not here to help us. They're here to help line the pockets of beurocrats and other high rollers. I am and want MY kids to be Libertarian. The only thing I trust in is The Constitution. I don't try to teach them to fear police (although I have a general distaste for police officers). I don't want my boys to trust someone because of the uniform that the person wears. I am learning my righs and working on teaching my kids theirs. They need to be protected from the government. I'm also raising kids who will have the knowledge and ability to start a revolution if our government becomes too corrupt. We need these kinds of people in the world. If I wanted my kids indoctrinated; I would have just sent them to school.

I have never been into conforming to society or to roles that society deems is proper. I've never been into doing things the way others think they should be. I'm my own person and I think for myself and so will any kids I raise. I think raising kids who are not cogs is more patriotic than going along with society. After all if everyone becomes brainwashed by societal views; who will be around to save us all?

This isn't directed at anyone. I'm just sick of people saying that antisocial behavior is bad. It's not bad as long as we're not killing each other. People who kill each other (shooting up schools, theatres, etc...) are not only antisocial they have a psychiatric disorder. No sane person kills someone else; anti social or not.

by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:13 AM
Replies (11-15):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Again.... my family are just a bunch of happy-go-lucky, naive goobers.

We just don't really think much about stuff like that.

Our kids LOVE the people in their community and are eager to jump up and play/communicate with anyone.

Sure. We do teach them about sin/wrongs in the world and about important safety rules. What to do in different situations, too.

But overall, my kids think most adults have kids' best interests at heart. Police aren't to be wary of. Etc.

I guess if anything life altering and tragic were to happen, we would be with the first group to die. The blissfully unsuspecting ones that la de da through life.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:52 PM
I guess I am asking how not putting trust in someone would be the same as inindoctrination or having a conspiracy issue, in some way? ?

Quoting chotovec82:
Quoting kirbymom: Just asking a question here ...

Is there a difference between not fully trustibg something or someone because of an unknown component the same as someone making statements saying their way is the only way to .. think, believe, do something, work, how to play, dress eat, sleep, when to do all aforementioned, and that any other way is wrong no matter what and not allowing any way but the way the one speaking demands?

Are these two thought processes the same?

I think I'm confused by your question.

chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting kirbymom: I guess I am asking how not putting trust in someone would be the same as inindoctrination or having a conspiracy issue, in some way? ?

Quoting chotovec82:
Quoting kirbymom: Just asking a question here ...

Is there a difference between not fully trustibg something or someone because of an unknown component the same as someone making statements saying their way is the only way to .. think, believe, do something, work, how to play, dress eat, sleep, when to do all aforementioned, and that any other way is wrong no matter what and not allowing any way but the way the one speaking demands?

Are these two thought processes the same?

I think I'm confused by your question.

Oh ok. Well I don't think it is the same. I'm not going to blindly trust anyone just because of a uniform. I'm not going to blindly trust the government because they are 'supposed' to be there to help us. Any one or anything can become corrupt and not all people have good intentions.
TidewaterClan
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM

My state senator was extremely quick to respond when I sent her a concerned email about the proposed Ohio bill to have child protective services approve homeschoolers.  I don't blindly trust anyone, but the way to make change is to make your voice heard, no revolutions necessary. 

chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting TidewaterClan:

My state senator was extremely quick to respond when I sent her a concerned email about the proposed Ohio bill to have child protective services approve homeschoolers.  I don't blindly trust anyone, but the way to make change is to make your voice heard, no revolutions necessary. 

You're right, no revolutions necessary. Well at least not yet,
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN