Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Lets here about the good stuff that has been happening lately. Get some positive energy flowing!

by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
katyq
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:18 PM
6 moms liked this

My husband is coming home from Afghanistan next week! It's only for four weeks but we haven't seen each other in almost a year. :)

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:09 PM
2 moms liked this

My 5 year old asked to do Life of Fred yesterday, my 8 year old gave him great advice for decoding, we've gotten outside lately, and I have 2 kiddos who are trying to be authors (even asked about publishing)!

bcogoli
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Connor wrote his first sentence today!! 

The fish swam.

He was never suppose to survive birth and now he is writting sentences!!!! I feel so blessed.

TidewaterClan
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

In January my youngest had a dental space maintainer put in her mouth that caused her gums to swell.  The dentist wanted to put it back in; he took it out and she's been on penicillin to reduce the swelling.

I wanted a second opinion so went to the orthodontist we trust.  He's making her a plastic retainer she only has to wear at night.  Woohoo!  No pain and no metal that I'm pretty sure she's allergic to.

TidewaterClan
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope you guys have the best time ever Katy.  What an exciting month you'll have. :)  

Quoting katyq:

My husband is coming home from Afghanistan next week! It's only for four weeks but we haven't seen each other in almost a year. :)

jen2150
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 9:00 PM
2 moms liked this
So many great things going on. We are going to Busch Gardens in 11 days. Math u see is working great for us. He was having trouble with multiply using numbers in the 10's place and higher. He even figured out his own way to do them. Today we had science class in the creek. My youngest was doing some drawings in his nature journal and they were so very good. He has such a natural talent for it. We have two other field trips coming up this month. I tore some ligaments in my shoulder and they are finally feeling better. I have been in pain for the last few months. It so hard when you can't lift heavy things. I would feel better then I would lift something heavy and paying for it the next day. Today we spent some awesome time reading together in bed. I love those special times.
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this

We just did this really cool black hole experiment :-)

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Bubba and Audi lost a tooth on the same day,lol.

katyq
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you :)

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I hope you guys have the best time ever Katy.  What an exciting month you'll have. :)  

Quoting katyq:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh my gosh! That is so exciting! I bet you can't wait to give him a great big hug, or to twine your fingers through his. I'm so happy that you get to spend some time with him. Maybe take some pics?! :)

Quoting katyq:

My husband is coming home fromĀ Afghanistan next week! It's only for four weeks but we haven't seen each other in almost a year. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN