Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Lets here about the good stuff that has been happening lately. Get some positive energy flowing!

by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Replies (21-30):
katyq
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:55 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm super excited :) 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh my goodness, in paying attention to everyone and enjoying everyone else's replys, I forgot to give one of my own! Lol

Well, first of all, we have another graduate on our hands, my 15 yr old is talking with tthe admissions office at MIT for acceptance this summer, my 13 yr old lives to give herself schoolwork and is learning and mastering spanish along with dabbling in a few others, my 10 yr old has just started to get into english grammer like it's going out of style, my 8 yr old, wow my eight yr old is finally clicking with reading after not wanting to for so long and my 5 yr old is blowing my mind with what she knows when I am not even actively teaching specificly with her yet. In fact, all of my kids have turned out to have a penchant for math that I never did at such speeds of understanding that I am jealous on occasion. Wow. And I thought I didnt have anything for this post. I guess perspectives change once you sit down and actually take stock of what is really happening.
coala
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:31 AM

We have some positive energy flowing.  My parents are arriving sometime on Saturday to surprise my girls a day early....they are driving from WV to Fl.  We are going to spend nearly 10 days together.  I haven't seen them in over a year.  We have the Tampa Classic comming up Easter weekend where my oldest is going to compete at a very large meet again.....I hope she's gonna do ok because she has been off her skates for over 10 days from an injury (she split her chin open).  She's healed enough to go back to practice on Saturday. 

AND we are taking 10 days off from doing school work to enjoy our Spring Break.  The girls chose to postpone for 1 week to spend time with their grandparents instead of doing school work.

coala
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:31 AM

That is amazing!!

Quoting bcogoli:

I love it!!

My 10 month old baby is almost walking!!!

coala
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Wow!  You have been super busy.  I wish I had that kind of time.

Quoting No_Difference:

Riley finished all of Level 1 spelling today, and only has a few chapters left for reading.Jamie is finishing math and reading this week, and for the heck of it, plowed through half of the physics book she decided to study for now. I have sewing projects stacked sky high that I finally have a chance to work on (two veils, a Zelda costume, 6 oompa loompa skirts, a Willy Wonka jacket, and a Willy Wonka vest), and the Zelda costume which I just started today is almost done already :)  

coala
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope you enjoy every moment he his home....that is really special.

Quoting katyq:

My husband is coming home from Afghanistan next week! It's only for four weeks but we haven't seen each other in almost a year. :)

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:38 AM

I don't have that kind of time to be honest lol. I'm literally squeezing hours out of minutes... It has been a mad house, but its been fun so thats all that matters right?? I have til June to get Zelda done, but I only have a few weeks for the rest of the costumes. Provided my sewing machine has its demons removed and can stay on for more than 3 seconds, I should be able to pop one skirt out a day... the jacket makes me a little more nervous in my time frame...but it will get done or I'll go to the crazy house trying!! LOL

Quoting coala:

Quoting No_Difference:

Riley finished all of Level 1 spelling today, and only has a few chapters left for reading.Jamie is finishing math and reading this week, and for the heck of it, plowed through half of the physics book she decided to study for now. I have sewing projects stacked sky high that I finally have a chance to work on (two veils, a Zelda costume, 6 oompa loompa skirts, a Willy Wonka jacket, and a Willy Wonka vest), and the Zelda costume which I just started today is almost done already :)  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

coala
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I think they need to hold a spot at the crazy house for most of us.  I honestly think we ALL put more on our plates than we should at one point or another.  I hope your demons have been removed for your sanity.  Have fun with yoru projects.

Quoting No_Difference:

I don't have that kind of time to be honest lol. I'm literally squeezing hours out of minutes... It has been a mad house, but its been fun so thats all that matters right?? I have til June to get Zelda done, but I only have a few weeks for the rest of the costumes. Provided my sewing machine has its demons removed and can stay on for more than 3 seconds, I should be able to pop one skirt out a day... the jacket makes me a little more nervous in my time frame...but it will get done or I'll go to the crazy house trying!! LOL

Quoting coala:

Quoting No_Difference:

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:12 AM

We're going to have to take the machine in...It's not even staying on for a few seconds now, but we have it on video, so when it decides its going to be peachy keen I'll have video evidence of it being evil.... This will be attempt #3 to show them what it does while its here. It works wonderful for a whole day after we bring it home, and then its back to the shop :(   Its almsot like taking one of the kids to the doctors lol. They're deadly sick until we get to the doc office, and then they're magically better....

Quoting coala:

I think they need to hold a spot at the crazy house for most of us.  I honestly think we ALL put more on our plates than we should at one point or another.  I hope your demons have been removed for your sanity.  Have fun with yoru projects.

Quoting No_Difference:

Quoting coala:

Quoting No_Difference:

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Oldest dd has just started preparing for a career in cosmetology (hair) and is going to one of the best schools in SoHo, NY.  

Youngest dd is all set to graduate from the Fame school.  Prom and her senior dance concert are coming up soon.  She was accepted into her first choice conservatory with an $11000 scholarship and starts in the fall.

Ds (7th grade) is doing great with Algebra 1 - his test scores are consistently in the 90s.  Who knew math would be his thing?  Also, his reading has gotten on (and even above) grade level - which I didn't think could happen with his visual processing issues and dyslexia.  He's even doing a Spanish workbook independently with great pronunciation (I read dyslexics have an incredibly hard time learning a new language).  

I have a few promising prospects for a new job and dh is expecting a nice raise within the next few months (I know these aren't happening yet, but we're hopeful!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN