Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Weekly recap: I got nothing done. How about you?

Posted by   + Show Post

Well, nothing schoolwise. LOL Some weeks, it's hit or miss. I did get plenty of other things outside the house done.

by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Pretty much the same here. Tuesday and Wednesday we do co-op, where I wasn't feeling that well. Wednesday on the way home from co-op the kids and I ended up sitting in the car for 5 hours as somehow we ended up with a cracked engine block....so now we don't have a car, and no hope of getting a new one for at least a month or 2.....or 3. Ugh. So that's thrown us off our game for sure. 

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:43 PM

I'm so to hear that I'm not the only one! This week has been a total bust (with the exception of our colony day,lol). 

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I was actually in tears yesterday thinking about everything we haven't done. Dh was awesome though. He told me even with missing days our ds learns a million times better with me than he ever did at PS. I love that man,lol.

momrocks2000
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Went grocery shopping, one important meeting and made a visit to a family member.  Didn't do as much as I'd would of liked because I got sick with an ear infection. Ugh.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Ya, don't feel bad! I had a "cold" all week that knocked me out.  Turns out it's a sinus infection.  No wonder I'm the only one.  I did at least get to use Time4Learning with DD for a few hours this week so I feel it was not a completely lost week lol

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Apr. 12, 2014 at 6:52 PM

The kids did a pretty good job.  Yesterday we took off and just did yard work and house work.  It was kind of nice to be outside in the warm sunshine :)

kmath
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:26 PM

We didn't get a lot done.  I gave D choices and he didn't do so well.  We finally managed to finish up some things.  He is done with 2nd grade now so we are going to take it easy for the next few weeks and mostly play some games that reinforce things he has learned and do fun science and history projects.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:28 PM
I'm not going to think about the cleaning that needs done.

Quoting hwblyf:

I got some cleaning done, which is better than when the school year is running for us.  So much more left to do....

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Love the USAFM. Is the homeschooling program worth the drive?

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I'm glad we're not alone!  This week was crazy!  Usually we just have one big thing but we did the USAF Museum day, orthodontist, park district activity, Carillon Park, and bought some new clothes for the girls since they've sprung up so much.  I don't think we got one official-type of school thing done. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Don't do too much and reinjure your back!

Quoting starbeck96:

We got a decent amount of schoolwork done this week.

We didn't get as much housework done as I'd like.  But, I am still having trouble with my back.  Yesterday was the first day I was able to do much of anything.  I washed dishes and I was able to sanitze my counters.  My boys have been helping as much as possible and my daughter even vacuumed for me, but it just doesn't get done as well as mom would do it..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN