Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Weekly recap: I got nothing done. How about you?

Posted by   + Show Post

Well, nothing schoolwise. LOL Some weeks, it's hit or miss. I did get plenty of other things outside the house done.

by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Hope your visit goes well!

Quoting debramommyof4:

We have my in laws coming this weekend.  I have a migraine and we are still moving stuff in.  So I printed out science and history sheets and told the older two to work on their math.  I have been cleaning and prepping and getting ready.  It has been crazy.  But they got stuff done, Not as much as usual but still pretty good.

heydooney
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM
DH works 2 weeks, off for 1. We get a lot done the 2 weeks he works and we slack on the 3rd.
heydooney
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM
DH works 2 weeks, off for 1. We get a lot done the 2 weeks he works and we slack on the 3rd.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Yikes! I hope everyone is healed up.

Quoting hipmomto3:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who had a big fat flop of a week! DH was out of state for work for most of the week so that just throws EVERYBODY off track. Then the night he came back, I came down with strep and have been in and out of sleep and pain for the last 48 hours. We managed to eke out a respectful amount of math and reading today, but overall... not our best week.

I'm aiming to do a LOT Mon-Wed next week because DH and I are taking off Thur & Fri for our anniversary which means the kids will get 2 days off from school as well. Then the following week we'll be in DC ALL week - I'm totally counting this as a school week as we'll visit a ton of museums etc - but still, it'll be a different/crazy schedule.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:33 PM
I need to come up with a good filing system. Have fun on Spring break!

Quoting coala:

We did get a bunch accomplished this week.  My kids were totally on the ball knowing that they only have 2 days next week and then get 10 days off for Spring Break.

In other news...I have been decluttering my office...which was in desperate need.  I have emptied 2 laundry baskets and 2 milk crates worth of filing.  Sorted it, and I am now organizing it.  It has taken me nearly 2 weeks, but I am finally able to see the floor of my office.  I am also getting closer to finding the bottom of my desk.  I have also finally finished scanning the papers needed for independent work for both of my girls.  I feel that the week has been pretty successful in many ways.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:35 PM
I know a lot of people that are really getting sick. I think the winter was so hard that everyone used all their energy staying warm.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Mon through Wed I barely even got out of bed!  I haven't been that sick in a long while!

I thought about getting some work done on Thursday, but got all dizzy by lunch and crawled back into bed.  And I just threw my hands in the air and decided next week will be better!  LOL

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Oh decluttering... yeah our homeschool room is pretty much a wreck. But we only have like 25 more days of school for the year so I'm just putting it off until I can REALLY purge/get rid of a lot of stuff all at once. (Or so I tell myself...)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry. Praying for you.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

We got home from FL on Monday, from my Mom's funeral, so I took the rest of the week off.I took the time instead to sew and lesson plan out some of the new school year. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:37 PM
I hope I rebound the same way!

Quoting crystalclear12:

Two weeks ago was my crash week. This week I got a lot done, I am so proud of myself! lol

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Good luck getting to that break!

Quoting jen2150: Spring is limited School work for us. We raise chickens so there is a limited window for getting things done before summer hits. This we I was amazed how much we got done considering all we had to do. we have one report down and have another due next Wednesday. We are headed to Busch Gardens and spring break Very soon. I can't wait. We really need the break.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN