Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Weekly recap: I got nothing done. How about you?

Posted by   + Show Post

Well, nothing schoolwise. LOL Some weeks, it's hit or miss. I did get plenty of other things outside the house done.

by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Replies (41-50):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Yeah, well, the heathens ran amok, so I shouldn't have even tried!

Quoting mem82: I'm not going to think about the cleaning that needs done.
Quoting hwblyf:

I got some cleaning done, which is better than when the school year is running for us.  So much more left to do....

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:42 PM

in love He's the best! And yeah that has to be true. Tomorrow's a new day. I'm sure we'll do lots of stuff,lol.

Quoting mem82: That's a good man. Lol everyone questions themselves!
Quoting paganbaby:

I was actually in tears yesterday thinking about everything we haven't done. Dh was awesome though. He told me even with missing days our ds learns a million times better with me than he ever did at PS. I love that man,lol.

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:51 PM
I'm hoping this up coming week is better!
MommyJo31
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:54 PM

I'm realizing that being unorganized is no longer plausible.  I use to "bulldoze" clean the house.  Now in between his naps I pick up and then can clean easier, because it's more about mess .. than placement.  I'm new to this site and I am not caught up to what classes you are taking.  I think that structure is more need than want now.  I map things out, make lists and try not to be surprise when it doesn't always pan out.  All in all guide lines are better than nothing.  It keeps me on a path to finish some goals here and there.  But everything is still slower than ever and patience is also a new adventure.  I just love my son though and he has just motivates me more than anyone has been able to.  This week I disconnected during the time my hubby was gone to his nursery to read and to give him time that mommy was not on a computer or in front of any screens.  I want him to know that he has my focus and his time is important.  I found that he fell asleep easier this way and I got some reading time in a quite space too.  Something I personally am struggling with is taking time out to pump each time.  I want to breast feed or give him only breast milk, but I often get overwhelmed with it.  I have good days and bad days.  

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 7:41 AM
My babies always made me more organized. Lol The most important thing you can do for a child is give them your undivided attention. 8) Sounds like you are doing great!
Welcome to the site! I don't know how much time you spent looking around, but it sounds like the Babies group would be a great fit for you, too. The larger groups are more rowdy and fun, but the specific groups like Babies are great places to get support. I know here in the Homeschooling Mom's group or over in Druggists, a group on saving money, I'm inspired quite a bit. 8)

Quoting MommyJo31:

I'm realizing that being unorganized is no longer plausible.  I use to "bulldoze" clean the house.  Now in between his naps I pick up and then can clean easier, because it's more about mess .. than placement.  I'm new to this site and I am not caught up to what classes you are taking.  I think that structure is more need than want now.  I map things out, make lists and try not to be surprise when it doesn't always pan out.  All in all guide lines are better than nothing.  It keeps me on a path to finish some goals here and there.  But everything is still slower than ever and patience is also a new adventure.  I just love my son though and he has just motivates me more than anyone has been able to.  This week I disconnected during the time my hubby was gone to his nursery to read and to give him time that mommy was not on a computer or in front of any screens.  I want him to know that he has my focus and his time is important.  I found that he fell asleep easier this way and I got some reading time in a quite space too.  Something I personally am struggling with is taking time out to pump each time.  I want to breast feed or give him only breast milk, but I often get overwhelmed with it.  I have good days and bad days.  

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 7:42 AM
Me too!

Quoting SuperMommy408: I'm hoping this up coming week is better!
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 7:42 AM
Lol

Quoting hwblyf:

Yeah, well, the heathens ran amok, so I shouldn't have even tried!

Quoting mem82: I'm not going to think about the cleaning that needs done.

Quoting hwblyf:

I got some cleaning done, which is better than when the school year is running for us.  So much more left to do....

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Yeah, I am just having to let things go.  I told my husband that as long as the kitchen and bathrooms are clean and we wash a few loads of clothes a day, we will make it.  lol.

I am still pretty much just having to sit around.  I am just not able to be up for long amounts of time.  I will go visit the chiropractor again sometime this week so hopefully that will help even more.

Quoting mem82: Don't do too much and reinjure your back!
Quoting starbeck96:

We got a decent amount of schoolwork done this week.

We didn't get as much housework done as I'd like.  But, I am still having trouble with my back.  Yesterday was the first day I was able to do much of anything.  I washed dishes and I was able to sanitze my counters.  My boys have been helping as much as possible and my daughter even vacuumed for me, but it just doesn't get done as well as mom would do it..

TidewaterClan
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Well worth it. We had a blast & will go back for the fall hs day. We'll get there earlier so Haley can get a spot for the individual classes. They had cryptology but it was filled already when we got there. She loves anything spy related so would have enjoyed that.

Wright State and the museum had interactive demos. The girls got to launch alka seltzer rockets, test the density of different elements, make thumb boomerangs, and other fun stuff.

The flight simulators and IMAX were less expensive than normal. They tried the simulator but were a little queasy after all of the barrel rolls they did!

The refueling cafe pic cracks us up each time. It's good cheesy humor. :)

Quoting mem82: Love the USAFM. Is the homeschooling program worth the drive?

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I'm glad we're not alone!  This week was crazy!  Usually we just have one big thing but we did the USAF Museum day, orthodontist, park district activity, Carillon Park, and bought some new clothes for the girls since they've sprung up so much.  I don't think we got one official-type of school thing done. 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Last week was spring break. The kids went wild and I was packing to move (we get keys on Wed) and the registrar for Camporee.

Camporee had nearly 500 people and had to verify all medical and firearms forms and some units did not get theirs to me until Wednesdau before the Friday event. Checkin really went well so it was all worth it :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN