Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Who inspires you?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:46 PM
  • 33 Replies
Have any heroes in homeschooling?
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mweddle
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:48 PM

My lifelong bff homeschools.  I used to think she was crazy!  haha.  Now I just look up to her so much.  Her kids are so awesome.  She completely changed my mind on homeschooling and anytime I have a question I know to go to her.  Too bad she lives far from me because I have NO friends around here that homeschool. (in fact they all think I'm crazy! hahaha)

jen2150
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:26 PM
My karate instructor. He comes from a family of 8 that homeschooled from kindergarten and up. He is the most patient and uplifting person I have ever met and he is only 20 years old. I sometimes forget how young he is. He has a lot of wisdom for someone so young.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe you will inspire someone to start!

Quoting Mweddle:

My lifelong bff homeschools.  I used to think she was crazy!  haha.  Now I just look up to her so much.  Her kids are so awesome.  She completely changed my mind on homeschooling and anytime I have a question I know to go to her.  Too bad she lives far from me because I have NO friends around here that homeschool. (in fact they all think I'm crazy! hahaha)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:51 PM
That's awesome!

Quoting jen2150: My karate instructor. He comes from a family of 8 that homeschooled from kindergarten and up. He is the most patient and uplifting person I have ever met and he is only 20 years old. I sometimes forget how young he is. He has a lot of wisdom for someone so young.
MommyJo31
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:06 AM

What home schooling plan are you using.  I do not have anyone close to me doing it.  I like the idea of my kids socializing and learning from pers in school, but I also know that I want to teach my kids things they can not get from public or private school.  I think that education starts in the home while homeschooling or while kids are getting education outside of the home.  What are you thinking of incorporating into your kids educations.  

Langauge skills?  Special Art skills?  Piano or music lessons early on?  or something more in depth.  I loved that my cousin was taught the base chello at home.  Many schools do not have the funds to provide these skills at school.  

I would love to hear your thoughts on this ...

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 7:47 AM
I actually piece together my own things. I use many text books like at school, but we also do a ton of hands on work.
My son is really into electronics so as he gets older we have spent quite a bit of time only that. Both my older kids really enjoy History so they get a much bigger dose of that than psers, too.

Quoting MommyJo31:

What home schooling plan are you using.  I do not have anyone close to me doing it.  I like the idea of my kids socializing and learning from pers in school, but I also know that I want to teach my kids things they can not get from public or private school.  I think that education starts in the home while homeschooling or while kids are getting education outside of the home.  What are you thinking of incorporating into your kids educations.  

Langauge skills?  Special Art skills?  Piano or music lessons early on?  or something more in depth.  I loved that my cousin was taught the base chello at home.  Many schools do not have the funds to provide these skills at school.  

I would love to hear your thoughts on this ...

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM
My mom. She homeschooled me without the resources that I have and when it wasn't so popular. Yet she made it happen.
MaryJarrett
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:27 AM
My friend Karen. She's inspired a lot of aspects of my mom life from breast feeding to cloth diapering and now home schooling.
coala
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:41 AM

I don't really have any, but I am greaful that I have you all!!  Without you guys I may have lost my mind a time or two.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:41 AM
I have two. My mom's best friend,now passed away, homeschooled her surprise baby(he was born late in her life) and I knew even back then at age 16 that I wanted to someday homeschool. She had zero support,very little information or resources,but she was a determined mamma!
The other was the mom of a young lady I met through cosmetology school. This girl was 16,already graduated, and one of the most generous,well behaved,amazing young lady. She explained she'd been homeschooled,I met and befriended her mom, who had adopted and homeschooled 5 kids,all of whom were fantastic individuals. Their family dynamic, their tight knit closeness impressed me and furthered my desire to homeschool some day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN