Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anybody else winding down? How many days are left?

Posted by   + Show Post

Our last day was supposed to be Friday, so I am totally facing a mutiny on Monday!!  LOL  We took a week and a half off for sickness and my mom's stroke, so we have 11 days left!  Wooohooo!

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Replies (21-30):
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:15 PM

today was day 168. So we have 12 days left. We are not doing school Thurs & Fri as DH and I are going away for our anniversary, and all next week we are field-tripping in DC (definitely counting those as school days) so we'll finish the first week of May. 

Codysmom2106
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:16 PM
We are probably going to school as much of the year as we can. We still about 6 weeks of second grade though before we move into third grade.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:52 PM

We've already wound up our year. We're on break (and have been for over a month). We'll gear up again in two weeks for the new year!

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

high five  That's about when we'll finish!  We have 11 days left.

Quoting hipmomto3:

today was day 168. So we have 12 days left. We are not doing school Thurs & Fri as DH and I are going away for our anniversary, and all next week we are field-tripping in DC (definitely counting those as school days) so we'll finish the first week of May. 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Quoting Codysmom2106: We are probably going to school as much of the year as we can. We still about 6 weeks of second grade though before we move into third grade.

Cool!  We are moving into kindergarten, 2nd grade and 4th grade.  We are staring to get our stuff delivered, but I am hoping to hold them off for at least a couple months!  They need a break, and so do I!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Quoting AutymsMommy:

We've already wound up our year. We're on break (and have been for over a month). We'll gear up again in two weeks for the new year!

What schedule do you follow?  Do you just end when your curriculum ends or do you begin shortly after Easter each year?  We aren't allowed to begin counting days until July, so I wonder about others who aren't quite so restricted.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:06 PM

So long as we bank our 180 days, we're good.

To answer your first question... we don't (follow a school year schedule, really). We're hoping to school more year 'round with my middle son, as eldest will be busy with camps, etc, and Nico (homeschooled boy-o) just isn't physically ready for that kind of thing, so we're kind of just squirreling the year so that he has something to "do" this summer.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

What schedule do you follow?  Do you just end when your curriculum ends or do you begin shortly after Easter each year?  We aren't allowed to begin counting days until July, so I wonder about others who aren't quite so restricted.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:09 PM

We are at a similar place with my 5yo.  He's ready for some school, but nothing like his older brothers. For example the last 2 days he has done a full day with us and he has fallen asleep on the chair around 5:30.  This cannot continue!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

So long as we bank our 180 days, we're good.

To answer your first question... we don't (follow a school year schedule, really). We're hoping to school more year 'round with my middle son, as eldest will be busy with camps, etc, and Nico (homeschooled boy-o) just isn't physically ready for that kind of thing, so we're kind of just squirreling the year so that he has something to "do" this summer.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

kmath
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:56 PM

We have to have 180 days, but D finished his 2nd grade work already so we are doing fun projects and science experiments and playing lots of board games for the rest of the time.  Lots of fun review stuff for the rest of this year. 

jen2150
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:06 AM
We unschool year round but take it easy in the spring. We have a hobby farm so we have a lot of work in the spring getting ready. Most of our co-ops are ending the end of May. We have 4 more days to Busch Gardens and can't wait. We are busy all year but it is a different kind of busy. My sons are getting excited for chick season.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)