Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anybody else winding down? How many days are left?

Posted by   + Show Post

Our last day was supposed to be Friday, so I am totally facing a mutiny on Monday!!  LOL  We took a week and a half off for sickness and my mom's stroke, so we have 11 days left!  Wooohooo!

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Replies (81-89):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Quoting Jenn8604: The rest of his life. If I don't make sure he does a few pages a day and practices holding his pencil, scissors, etc correctly he could lose it in a few days. Definitely can't waste a whole summer. He does stuff on weekends already.

Make sure you don't burn out!  That's just my advice to everyone who schools all year.  We move to an even more unschooling approach when our 180 days are up.  They still do crafts and some writing and reading, but we just pittle around.

Jenn8604
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not much just some. He's not having whole days. Just a few pages. One or two from each subject. He's already in 1st grade math in K. He likes math.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting Jenn8604: The rest of his life. If I don't make sure he does a few pages a day and practices holding his pencil, scissors, etc correctly he could lose it in a few days. Definitely can't waste a whole summer. He does stuff on weekends already.

Make sure you don't burn out!  That's just my advice to everyone who schools all year.  We move to an even more unschooling approach when our 180 days are up.  They still do crafts and some writing and reading, but we just pittle around.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bether89
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:25 AM

We have about 21 days left, but we will will do some summer learning.  We have lots of crafts and projects planned for our off time.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Quoting bether89:

We have about 21 days left, but we will will do some summer learning.  We have lots of crafts and projects planned for our off time.

Yay!  I don't think any of us totally veg in the summer.  We're going to try for a couple weeks, but we'll start some topics soon.  LOL

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:26 PM
We have 16? Days left. Close to that. My sons birthday is the 30the of May and he prefers to be done before his birthday each year. :)
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:41 AM

Quoting tiredmomfor2: We have 16? Days left. Close to that. My sons birthday is the 30the of May and he prefers to be done before his birthday each year. :)

LOL!  I love it!  My birthday is June 19th and that's when the public school is getting out this year.  I would have been upset if I had still been going to school on my b-day!

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:46 AM
Oh my gosh! My birthday is June 19the as well! Small world. :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting tiredmomfor2: We have 16? Days left. Close to that. My sons birthday is the 30the of May and he prefers to be done before his birthday each year. :)

LOL!  I love it!  My birthday is June 19th and that's when the public school is getting out this year.  I would have been upset if I had still been going to school on my b-day!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Cool!  Did you hate sharing it with Father's Day too? LOL

Quoting tiredmomfor2: Oh my gosh! My birthday is June 19the as well! Small world. :)
Quoting bluerooffarm:

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep. Sure did. :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Cool!  Did you hate sharing it with Father's Day too? LOL

Quoting tiredmomfor2: Oh my gosh! My birthday is June 19the as well! Small world. :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN