Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Sing, Spell, Read and Write

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:26 AM
  • 5 Replies

I was checking this program out for my DD who will be in second grade next year. Does anyone have any imput on whether they like it and how it works? She loves to sing and needs some work on her writing in the form of handwriting. I think it looks like a good program but the decription is a little vague. Any thoughts?

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kerseygeek
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:27 AM

I forgot to ask, is this program comprehensive enough for her language arts subject or would I need to add to it?

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:34 PM
I love it but we do add lit. But it is such a good program for teaching reading and does well at teaching writing as well.
Kerseygeek
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:03 PM

My DD is actually a great reader and is already reading 2nd grade level books and has been for a couple of months. Would this be too easy or should I go up a grade in this program or just look for something more challenging?

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:37 PM
I have only used the younger grades work. But from what I have seen in the k-1 stuff it is more advanced then most reading program's.

Have you looked into IEW for writing. It's what I am using for my girls next year as I have only heard good things about them. But Sing spell read and write has been awesome in the reading part.

Quoting Kerseygeek:

My DD is actually a great reader and is already reading 2nd grade level books and has been for a couple of months. Would this be too easy or should I go up a grade in this program or just look for something more challenging?

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:47 PM

I haven't heard of it but it sounds fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN