Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

butterflys!!!

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:53 AM
  • 17 Replies

we are soo excited a couple days ago I noticed a crystalis hanging from my back yard. I gave it a couple days to set some more and I jusy brought it in the house. did some reserach on the computer and found out its a painted lady. eeckk im so excited lol now we get to wait untel its done and hopefully we can watch the butterfly come out.  

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Awesome! Take pics or have the kids draw/journal it!

I got a bunch of "butterfly mix" wildflowers to plant in our new home. I can't wait to see them!
coala
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Sounds really exciting!!!!!

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:20 PM

We "rescued" some caterpillars off the street one year so they wouldn't get run over, researched what they were and what they ate so we didn't kill 'em, and watched them go through the whole process. It was so neat. The only downside, we had to look at crummy pictures when they "hatched" because Hubby can't use a camera to save his life and we were out of state at a wedding when it happened. But we got to release the butterflies :) We had all the neighborhood kids come to release them with us

MaryJarrett
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Yay!!! I love it! We ordered some off of amazon for my DDs birthday. :) The caterpillars are getting big! I can't wait!
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Lucky! You have to post some pics for us :-)

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I've been wanting to order some for a long time now. What do they eat? And is it hard to care for them?

Quoting MaryJarrett: Yay!!! I love it! We ordered some off of amazon for my DDs birthday. :) The caterpillars are getting big! I can't wait!

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

MaryJarrett
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:13 PM
They come in a little cup that you're instructed not to open. It has all the air and sustenance they need. All you do it set them where you can see them and watch. Once they're in chrysalis form, you transfer them to the hanging net and wait some more. It comes with a packet of butterfly "food" for after they come out. Then you can keep them their entire life span(about 2 weeks in butterfly form) or set them free.

Quoting paganbaby:

I've been wanting to order some for a long time now. What do they eat? And is it hard to care for them?

Quoting MaryJarrett: Yay!!! I love it! We ordered some off of amazon for my DDs birthday. :) The caterpillars are getting big! I can't wait!

katyq
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:15 PM

I'm so jealous! Take pictures :)

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Oh I love butterflies!!

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:32 PM

That's so simple! How much did it cost?

Quoting MaryJarrett: They come in a little cup that you're instructed not to open. It has all the air and sustenance they need. All you do it set them where you can see them and watch. Once they're in chrysalis form, you transfer them to the hanging net and wait some more. It comes with a packet of butterfly "food" for after they come out. Then you can keep them their entire life span(about 2 weeks in butterfly form) or set them free.
Quoting paganbaby:

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)