Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Hi ladies!
I know most of you know how much my oldest struggled to learn to read. He finally turned that corner and was able to read well..he just was 'not a fan' of reading. I kept reading to him and encouraging him to read outside of school. I also obviously had him read to me for short periods of time during school.
I have kind of laid off him lately and not pushed about the reading.
Last Saturday he walked to the book shelf with all the chapter books pick one and started reading! he read on it all weekend and finished it last night! He told me he wants to start another one this morning.
I'm so proud! I want to shout it from the roof tops..but I can't..he is the type of kid that if i make a big deal out of it..then he may stop. So I'm happily sitting on my hands and holding my breath while he reads away. lol

Share your proud Mom moment!
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Replies (11-12):
TidewaterClan
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Woohoo!  Wonderful news about his reading!  

On Tuesday we went to the homeschool day at the historical park.  We went to 'school' and the teacher explained the map on the wall was made in the 1860s.  She asked if anyone knew what was happening in the USA during the 1860s and my 9 year old raised her hand and answered "the war."  I was so proud!

craftyzenmom
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Love these stories! Our 14 yo son was just in Peter Pan and he was Capt. Hook. He's been acting since he was 6 but not usually musicals-singing not his "thing". On opening night I sat there in stunned amazement as I watched this kid "become" Capt. Hook, I was so proud of him...he was SO good at being "bad" :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN