Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT: Do You Take Time For Yourself?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:58 AM
  • 20 Replies

Do you ever find downtime for yourself?

What do you like to do when you have 'me' time?

by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it is imperitive for a homeschooling mama to have down time, otherwise we might self-combust! I make my jewelry and read books once the kids were in bed. That's my me time. Otherwise I'd be a psychotic serial killer by now. Lol

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I go play cribbage at the Elks lodge each Monday - DH is off on Mondays so I escape.

I  was doing karate 2-3x a week but have slacked off. I NEED to get back to it. One class is on tuesday night, the other while Ds2 is at Confirmation on Wednesdays.

My kids are older now so I can leave either or both of the boys home alone. DD is 11 yo and I only leave her home with one or both of the boys. we are in a crappy area so she isn't allowed to be home lone yet. We are moving out to  rural area next week (THANK GOD!) and will have friends from both homeschool and Scouts just up the road so she may get more freedom.

Also, Boy Scouts is "me time". Sort of. Yes, on outings I am an adlut leader, but the boys are very self-sufficient and we only need to supervise. I put my hammock up and keep an eye on things but get to relax and enjoy too :)  

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Life Scout Ian 1/982nd Class Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Running a few times a week, CM time and reading
JadeTigr7
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

After the kids go to bed I veg on TV and cross-stitch.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't stand the term me time!  Do I find down time?  Yes. 

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I absolutely have to have down time. Between being with the kids all day, and I'm now my hubby's official "caregiver", I need the time for my mind and body to regroup or I'll snap and end up in the crazy bin. If I'm home in the evenings, I go for a walk with the neighbors for an hour. Lately, I have also been taking an hour out to go for a run during the day. I usually try to make sure its after we get school done so I can switch my brain over to other things that need to be done other than school.... At the end of the day, I go to bed before everyone else -but not to sleep - I'm still "required" to tuck the kids in with bed time story and all (required by the kids lol). 

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish but with my son's age(4) and sensory issues combined with my dh's horrendous work hours no, but I'm VERY hopeful that we can a work a little into the schedule soon as my son is approaching 5 and my DH just switched locations so more time home is possible. I'm starting to see some light in my tunnel which makes me hopeful.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 17, 2014 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't done any cross stitch in a while, I'm thinking about getting back into it. I usually do bead work, jewelry making and crochet and tatted doilies. But I miss the cross stitch....hmmm....lol

Quoting JadeTigr7:

JadeTigr7
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

It relaxes me a lot.

Quoting KickButtMama:

I haven't done any cross stitch in a while, I'm thinking about getting back into it. I usually do bead work, jewelry making and crochet and tatted doilies. But I miss the cross stitch....hmmm....lol

Quoting JadeTigr7:

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

bcogoli
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I work at our local YMCA for 3 hours on Saturdays. This gives me time out of the house and pocket money. Other than that I don't have any down time, I don't know what I would do if I did have down time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN