Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT: Do You Take Time For Yourself?

Do you ever find downtime for yourself?

What do you like to do when you have 'me' time?

by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
TidewaterClan
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Lol, my 10th grade debate teacher used to get fired up if people wrote alot or ect.  This reminded me of that. :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I can't stand the term me time!  Do I find down time?  Yes. 

TidewaterClan
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I have a pottery wheel, and love to have a moment of listening to it hum while I attempt to create something. :)

A good book and a hot, hot bath on Saturday mornings also works wonders!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

alot drives me nuts too!!  It's supposed to be 2 words (not to mention it's really a small parcel of land).  I used to get fired up with my students for that too.  Yup, I'm an old curmudgeony English teacher!  LOL

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Lol, my 10th grade debate teacher used to get fired up if people wrote alot or ect.  This reminded me of that. :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

TidewaterClan
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:13 AM

That's the best kind of teacher!  :)

We also weren't allowed to use the word kids unless we were talking about goats!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

alot drives me nuts too!!  It's supposed to be 2 words (not to mention it's really a small parcel of land).  I used to get fired up with my students for that too.  Yup, I'm an old curmudgeony English teacher!  LOL

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I used to love cros-stitch. I found a couple projects I set aside when DD was born 11 years ago. LOL One is something I started for my Grandma who passed away.  I keep looking atthem and tryingto convinve myself to get back into it.

Maybe once we are moved and settled.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

After the kids go to bed I veg on TV and cross-stitch.

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Life Scout Ian 1/982nd Class Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

JadeTigr7
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I go through spurts where I cross-stitch a lot, and then I'll read a lot, then I'll play video games a lot.  This just happens to be my current thing.

I have several I need to get framed, including one I made for my Mom several years ago and just never got framed.

She died March 31st though, so I may never get it framed now. 

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I used to love cros-stitch. I found a couple projects I set aside when DD was born 11 years ago. LOL One is something I started for my Grandma who passed away.  I keep looking atthem and tryingto convinve myself to get back into it.

Maybe once we are moved and settled.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

After the kids go to bed I veg on TV and cross-stitch.

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, Do frame it. It will remind you of the love you put into it. As the time goes by, it will get easier.  ((HUGS))

When we went through my Grandma's things I found one cross-stitch ornament I had sent her for Christmas a couple years before she died. She had had it framed. It is one of my favorite treasures knowing it was special to her. 

Quoting JadeTigr7:

I go through spurts where I cross-stitch a lot, and then I'll read a lot, then I'll play video games a lot.  This just happens to be my current thing.I have several I need to get framed, including one I made for my Mom several years ago and just never got framed.She died March 31st though, so I may never get it framed now. 

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Life Scout Ian 1/982nd Class Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:45 AM
I am not a fan of 'me time'...that being said.
My time that I put toward myself is exercise. I do like my cm time too...but exercise is that one thing I do for me.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely!  Kids are goats, children are human progeny!  LOL

Quoting TidewaterClan:

That's the best kind of teacher!  :)

We also weren't allowed to use the word kids unless we were talking about goats!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

oahoah
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 4:31 PM

About once a month my hubby will take the boys out for a few hours & I usually watch some fave show (weather has been bad) but now that it's warming up I will spend it outside, gardening or go out & shop & get a hair cut, visit with my mom or take her to lunch.  I also belong to a bookclub of sorts (Charlotte Mason) that meets every week, a homeschool support once a month and meet a friend once a month for coffee in the evening.  My hubby is very supportive & encourages me to take these times to myself and I know our boys are in good hands when he'sresponsible for getting them to bed on certain evenings.  I haven't found a hobby to do in my spare time yet but lean towards scrapbooking/card making, paper crafts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)