Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT: We're in Texas as of two days ago!

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:42 PM
  • 5 Replies
2 moms liked this

I posted awhile back that we were moving to Texas and we're finally here! The kids have had somewhat odd school hours, but they did work on stuff last week, and we've resumed normal school time for them this week. Yay! Now that we're not with my public schooled niece and nephew, we can go back to our normal 6 day a week school.

Things are still somewhat tumultous, but we're getting settled in. One thing to get used to is the wind! It's so windy here! And cold! I had to get a new jacket, because I didn't have anything warm enough for this weather.

by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:20 PM
This cold is not normal for here,trust me! We're as surprised as you are! And the wind dies down in may or June. Welcome to one of the easiest states to homeschool in. What area are you in?
Jilectan
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:35 PM

We're in Grayson County, near Sherman.

It's been pretty nice today, at least. We're still getting used to being here and settling in. We haven't gotten out much, yet. I'm planning on scoping out the local public library tomorrow.

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:00 AM

We PCS'd(moved) to San Antonio 2 years ago and I LOVE it! The roads took a little getting used to(and the traffic) but otherwise I'm a happy camper. VERY homeschool friendly and I like that there's lots of activities for homeschool kids around here.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:19 AM
Enjoy the bluebonnets! I miss Texas!!! Yay for having the move complete!!
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Congrats!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN