Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Sorry ladies....what about Growing with Grammar?

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:25 PM
  • 8 Replies

Thoughts and opinions on this? I'm sorry this is our first year so I'm just trying to get everything going. If I buy this and it doesn't work out I can't go back and buy one of the others later. 

by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:29 PM

I'm not a fan of the series. If the grammar is anything like the writing (Winning With Writing), you can expect shallow and uninspired; it's is way too lite, imo.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Not a fan.  It's pretty boring and easy.

chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Yea we used this... It isn't very good. We're switching our sons to other programs.
Codysmom2106
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Quoting chotovec82: Yea we used this... It isn't very good. We're switching our sons to other programs.

Bummer. Right now I am trying to decide between rod and staff and shurley English. I am also doing more research to see what else is out there that is in our budget. It is just a little overwhelming. 

chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Quoting Codysmom2106:

Quoting chotovec82: Yea we used this... It isn't very good. We're switching our sons to other programs.

Bummer. Right now I am trying to decide between rod and staff and shurley English. I am also doing more research to see what else is out there that is in our budget. It is just a little overwhelming. 

Check out iew.com it is well liked...
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 3:29 AM
Iew is only writing. If she needs grammar, cheap, I would suggest Seton or CLE.

Quoting chotovec82:
Quoting Codysmom2106:

chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 3:36 AM
Quoting AutymsMommy: Iew is only writing. If she needs grammar, cheap, I would suggest Seton or CLE.

Quoting chotovec82:
Quoting Codysmom2106:

Iew gas some grammar book I their products. I just looked at them. The student book is 15 tbe teacher book is 19.
Codysmom2106
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I really don't want to spend more than $100 on something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)