Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Kinda OT, but could be fun

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 5:40 PM
  • 11 Replies

For Harry Potter fans: 
http://www.hogwartsishere.com/
You can now enroll in Hogwarts, acceptance letter and all, and actually take classes, and get actual assignments. You'd get (I'm assuming online books) such as A Standard Book of Spells and its all entirely free. Its run off of volunteers - including the "Professors" are volunteers.  They're 9 week courses. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

O. M. G. My eldest will die when I tell him! 

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM

I'm going to admit...I totaly geeked out, and went back in bookmarks past to find the quiz to figure out which house I was originally sorted into LOL. I had Jamie take the quiz, and she's "enrolling" on Monday.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 20, 2014 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Both my boys enrolled - my eldest is in Huffelpuff and my youngest in Slytherin. Both were stoked until they learned you actually have to write the essays and such.... Mwahahahaha

Quoting No_Difference:

I'm going to admit...I totaly geeked out, and went back in bookmarks past to find the quiz to figure out which house I was originally sorted into LOL. I had Jamie take the quiz, and she's "enrolling" on Monday.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 7:37 AM

LOL. :} (<- evil smile lol) I wasn't going to tell her the assignments were real until she enrolled

Quoting KickButtMama:

Both my boys enrolled - my eldest is in Huffelpuff and my youngest in Slytherin. Both were stoked until they learned you actually have to write the essays and such.... Mwahahahaha

Quoting No_Difference:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Oooh.. . That is so sneaky! Lol

Quoting No_Difference:

LOL. :} (<- evil smile lol) I wasn't going to tell her the assignments were real until she enrolled

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting No_Difference:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 6:18 PM
That sounds amazing!
TidewaterClan
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Wonderful!  Thank you for telling us!

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:36 PM

What types of classes are offered?

sarah_beth
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 9:38 AM

That is totally awesome! My kids will flip!  :)

No_Difference
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I actually don't know yet lol. I did sign up, but haven't gotten to the point of signing up for classes yet. I've been swamped with making costumes for a play so I haven't been able to be online much in general except for a few minutes here and there while I'm giving my brain a break. I'm hoping next week I'll actually get to explore it more. 

Quoting Pukalani79:

What types of classes are offered?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN