Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

A new week is here! What is going on?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:10 PM
  • 39 Replies
Give us the deets, yo! Lol
by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
all2gethernow
by Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:13 PM
2 moms liked this
We have six weeks to wrap up our year:) then it's off to the beach, followed by a road trip to anywhere:) exciting! My two youngest HSers are finishing up 7th and 9th grade:)
bcogoli
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this

We are doing review and spring cleaning the house!!! We have 2 doctors appointments and a party this week. We are also going to our first home school conference!

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Continuing on with ds's 7th grade stuff after a few days off.  He is also starting more advanced classes in mixed martial arts this week.  Younger dd has her second dance competition this weekend - we're all looking forward to that.  I'm waiting to hear if I got a job that would be perfect.  And dh will hopefully hear about getting a raise.  Busy week!  Hope it all turns out the way we need it to!

Codysmom2106
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Waiting for our new stuff to come in and now trying to figure out the phonics and writing aspect. Ds is having a re-eval this week for his pt to see if he needs to keep going twice a week or once a week now. OT on Wednesdays as usual and karate is back on this week as well. We have about 6 weeks left of "second grade" and then we will more than likely just move right on into third grade. 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

We are finishing our math testing (ADAM7).  We are finishing Alice Through the Looking Glass.  We are finishing our germination project and our last writing assignment.  Zave is taking his last test in MUS Gamma and Levi is taking his first subtraction test.  

Now I need to figure out what to do for the 2 days we need to have next week!  LOL

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Riley only has math to work on. Jamie has a little science, history, and a little spelling, and the final book test for math. 
Girl scouts was cancelled...again...so it'll be play rehearsal all week long.  Saturday I may either sign up last minute for a 5K or we'll go to an Earth Day celebration instead... This has been our most relaxed week in a month lol 

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Still working on catch up this week.......reading eggs for the little guy and more math and writing for the oldest.  Hoping to work on it some during the morning and then in the afternoon also.  

Going to try and get my new system up and running for cleaning around here also.  Today is laundry day, wish me luck!  LOL

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

How do you still have maple water to boil?  Our season has been over for weeks!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

We're doing "Little House" week.  We have bonnets, bees wax, mild soft soap for wittling, maple water to boil, fountain pens and ink, and slate pencils.  It should be a blast.

The hs convention is later this week, so I need to make a list of what I haven't purchased for next year.  http://www.pearsonhomeschool.com/ has math on sale 33% off this month, so I may purchase enVision for Elyssa's 4th grade next year.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:44 AM
I so want to go, but it's just not going to happen this year. 8(
I love your little house week! Take pictures!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

We're doing "Little House" week.  We have bonnets, bees wax, mild soft soap for wittling, maple water to boil, fountain pens and ink, and slate pencils.  It should be a blast.

The hs convention is later this week, so I need to make a list of what I haven't purchased for next year.  http://www.pearsonhomeschool.com/ has math on sale 33% off this month, so I may purchase enVision for Elyssa's 4th grade next year.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Don't get lost under all the dirty clothes!

Quoting jwhit8791:

Still working on catch up this week.......reading eggs for the little guy and more math and writing for the oldest.  Hoping to work on it some during the morning and then in the afternoon also.  

Going to try and get my new system up and running for cleaning around here also.  Today is laundry day, wish me luck!  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN