Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How was your weekend?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:18 AM
  • 8 Replies
Anyone eat too much ham? Family drama? Illness?
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

It was beautiful!  I sunburned something fierce!  LOL We took a fun hike through our orchard and the boys had a really fun Easter egg hunt that ended with finding their baskets.  It was great!

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

My neighbor ate too much ham, and had lots of family time, so she gave us tons of left overs, and snuck over to our house to escape family for a little bit each day during the weekend lol. 
We didn't have any family. We did yard work most of the weekend, and went for a hike Sunday to get pictures of the kids with the dog and the bunny.  

TidewaterClan
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Haley and the hubs volunteered with the park district to check on trees for Earth Day.  They had a good time together.

MIL came over yesterday, and asked a ton of questions.  She asked if I get assignments from the local school, do I take them to school to get tested each week, does the school send me books.  I said no to all of the above. 

jen2150
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Vegetarian so no ham for me. :-) We just finished a week of no leaven. We also got back from Busch gardens last night. So much fun and so tired. We left at 8 am and got home at 11 pm. Today I need to wash out the chicken house so no rest for the weary.
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:19 AM

I ended up yelling at my mom.  All my appliances in my house are in need of some care (or a threatening, whatever), and she thought she'd "help" by holding the oven closed for the last 5 minutes of dessert.  Really, lady, I know it sucks, get away from it.  She didn't like that so much.  :(

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:40 PM
No ham we're a vegetarian family. We went to my mom and stepdads house they had a Easter egg hunt for the kids, overall the girls enjoyed themselves. We won't be going to any family gatherings for a while, I got tired of being questioned about our lifestyle as vegetarians, they should be use to us by now geesh and the millions of questions about why we homeschool our kids are getting really old!! I need to stay away from my family for a while,if I don't there will be some DRAMA!!
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:31 PM

The only drama really was when my sister came over, made my son cry, ate a bunch of food then left. Yeah...

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I know what you mean! I live together with my inlaws. She never accepted my refusal to eat meat or my choice to HS ds. Life was not fun there.

Quoting SuperMommy408: No ham we're a vegetarian family. We went to my mom and stepdads house they had a Easter egg hunt for the kids, overall the girls enjoyed themselves. We won't be going to any family gatherings for a while, I got tired of being questioned about our lifestyle as vegetarians, they should be use to us by now geesh and the millions of questions about why we homeschool our kids are getting really old!! I need to stay away from my family for a while,if I don't there will be some DRAMA!!

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)