Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

*sigh* Cole is going to make things difficult today.

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:31 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
I thought taking a walk this morning would help us all get back on track. Maybe I was wrong?
Cole started his first subject, LA, and immediately *couldn't * remember what a noun, verb or adjective were. Blank stare, blinking eyes, mouth open. I will hold on to my temper, I WILL HOLD ON TO MY TEMPER. LOK
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:41 PM
I am right there with you with my 5 year old. Apparently he has forgotten all his letter sounds and he has been reading for 6 months. And all he has to do is his reading practice then he can have his tablet as he has went a week without potty accidents.

My 8 year old has learned to multiple double digits but is refusing to work at all.

I am sick and they are playing dumb. We are taking a break. Good luck to you.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Good luck to you, also!

Quoting debramommyof4: I am right there with you with my 5 year old. Apparently he has forgotten all his letter sounds and he has been reading for 6 months. And all he has to do is his reading practice then he can have his tablet as he has went a week without potty accidents.

My 8 year old has learned to multiple double digits but is refusing to work at all.

I am sick and they are playing dumb. We are taking a break. Good luck to you.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I thought I was going to have a mutiny on my hands when we started today.  Our last day was supposed to be on Friday, but we had gotten sick and had to take some sick days.  The boys started out the day with that kind of whine that makes me want to crawl back in bed and try again later!  "But We were supposed to be done before Easter!"  "Awe mom, we finished everything we needed to already."  Argh!  Thankfully they settled down pretty quickly and started taking their tests.  Now there's just a tiny bit more to do for today.  But it was touch and go for a little while.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Good luck! I know I've had those days...

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Yeah, temper control....I have not been good at it lately.  I'd like to think that I'd be better at it since I get so many opportunities to practice, but if you forsake the opportunity, well.....that's my life.  I hope you and Cole are doing better.

coala
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 2:20 PM

LOL!!!!

We start back on Wednesday....they will be in the car so hopfully it won't be to bad.  They have had a week off and it is time to get back to work so we can stay on schedule to finish in October.  We are heading up to see some friends in Greenville, Sc...and my kids will be able to focus while those kids are in school for the day and then play after school.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:05 PM

I was soooo happy that Riley hardly whined at all about doing homework, and we were done in less than an hr, and Jamie finished in half the time she usually does too :) Granted, this will more or less be our actual last week of "full" school. After today we're down to only a few subjects a day, and they're more than willing to work quickly and peacfully for a few subjects and do extra chores to earn skylanders :) 
But I know those days...and I wish you the best of luck... 

Codysmom2106
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:17 PM

We we that happens every time we get to science, history or reading.....which is pretty much every day....I know how you feel.

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:20 PM
My 6 yr old is the same way, she loves to test her mommy lol!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN