Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I'm going to have a Kindergartener in a few short months!!!

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:37 AM
  • 18 Replies
Why does this terrify me? Lololol It just feels like it has been years since I did Know. Yikes!
Anyone else getting a little nervous about next year... Already?
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Yeah.  But we're starting our new year in June.  My guy who'll be a kindie frightens me...I think I need to do 1st with him, too!  But that's true of all my kids...  :)

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:54 AM
I'll have a kindergartener too. I'm nervous already.
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Yup... our kindy year has been rough with abby.

The good news is that she is sorta on the edge of reading. She read most of her, "Fly Guy," books tha she got at the library this time. Her fine motor skills are severely behind, though. Getting her to produce any coloring or writing work, even prek level...is hard.

I've been trying to work on fine motor and handwriting, and she can't even do handwriting without tears.

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Try googling "OT Mom". She has lots of good activities for building fine motor skills.

Quoting KrissyKC: Yup... our kindy year has been rough with abby.

The good news is that she is sorta on the edge of reading. She read most of her, "Fly Guy," books tha she got at the library this time. Her fine motor skills are severely behind, though. Getting her to produce any coloring or writing work, even prek level...is hard.

I've been trying to work on fine motor and handwriting, and she can't even do handwriting without tears.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Thanks for the suggestion! I do a ton of playdoh, cutting, mazes, stringing small things, peeling and sticking small stickers, glue dots, tearing paper into small bits for projects, crafts, lacing, etc. She is also my lefty (like myself). I remember having difficulty with handwriting and other detail oriented things. I'm still that way, so it may be part of just who she is.

Quoting Bluecalm: Try googling "OT Mom". She has lots of good activities for building fine motor skills.

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Using clothespins to pick things up is good too. I also have my LO use tongs to pick up pompoms.

Quoting KrissyKC: Thanks for the suggestion! I do a ton of playdoh, cutting, mazes, stringing small things, peeling and sticking small stickers, glue dots, tearing paper into small bits for projects, crafts, lacing, etc. She is also my lefty (like myself). I remember having difficulty with handwriting and other detail oriented things. I'm still that way, so it may be part of just who she is.

Quoting Bluecalm: Try googling "OT Mom". She has lots of good activities for building fine motor skills.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Oh...wow thanks! That is a neat suggestion.

Quoting Bluecalm: Using clothespins to pick things up is good too. I also have my LO use tongs to pick up pompoms.

Quoting KrissyKC: Thanks for the suggestion! I do a ton of playdoh, cutting, mazes, stringing small things, peeling and sticking small stickers, glue dots, tearing paper into small bits for projects, crafts, lacing, etc. She is also my lefty (like myself). I remember having difficulty with handwriting and other detail oriented things. I'm still that way, so it may be part of just who she is.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Riley will I think technically be a kindie next year, but I think we'll also be doing 1st grade with him next year too. I'm more than nervous since we'll be doing a "full load" with him, unlike we did this year. Next year it's science, history, writing, handwriting, math, reading, and spelling O My! lol I am really nervous to start with him, and I don't have to techincally report anything with him yet either. The year he turns 7 I believe is when I start reporting, and I think I'm more nervous about that because I'm not exactly sure what to write down on the intent form for "grade" :/ 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:32 AM
I would just put whatever grade he would be in if he went to public.

Quoting No_Difference:

Riley will I think technically be a kindie next year, but I think we'll also be doing 1st grade with him next year too. I'm more than nervous since we'll be doing a "full load" with him, unlike we did this year. Next year it's science, history, writing, handwriting, math, reading, and spelling O My! lol I am really nervous to start with him, and I don't have to techincally report anything with him yet either. The year he turns 7 I believe is when I start reporting, and I think I'm more nervous about that because I'm not exactly sure what to write down on the intent form for "grade" :/ 

jen2150
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:58 AM
No young ones. I will have a 7th grader next year and I would love to go back to kindergarten. I am not very nervous but I am looking forward to it. I have almost everything figured out. We start back in July. I remember kingergarten and it was so much fun. I miss those years. We are starting middle school physics so I have feeling I will be learning as much as they are learning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN