Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are you selling any of your curriculum this year?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:13 AM
  • 9 Replies

Now is the time when everyone is offloading their curriculum. Are you? Have you before? Do you buy used stuff?

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM

I am selling some of my curriculum.  We used Abeka for K and 1st with my daughter.  I decided not to use Abeka next year for her and to make up my own curriculum for her.  I was given (or got for a good price) a good bit of 2nd and 3rd grade curriculum so I am selling it. 

I also have some other stuff that someone gave me and told me thatI was welcome to sale.  So, I am selling what I know that we will not use. 

Some of the stuff the boys are using now, I will be saving for my daughter such as their Teaching Textbooks.

I usually sell curriculum and then use the money to help buy the following years stuff.

My boys are considering going back to public school so they can play sports, so I am not buying alot of curriculum right now, but most of my curriculum is bought used.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM

I love to buy used stuff, but I am horrible about hanging onto my old stuff.  Until my youngest is through the grade, I feel too antsy to offload anything.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Nah. The nice thing about going off the beaten path is that we do it cheap and have nothing to off load. The only thing I could really sell would be our LOF books but I like them and have high hopes that Audi might warm up to them for bedtime stories. But for now she's stuck on Greek myths.

Knightquester
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:18 PM

I usually give away what my youngest is no longer going to use to a family I feel could use it, typically one I've met in one of our homeschool groups.

If it's something my older ones have used then I hold onto it until I no longer have a child that will cover that material anymore.  In the past I handed stuff out that I asked to get back the next year and never did, so I've learned my lesson to only get rid of stuff when I am 100% sure I can't use or don't want it anymore.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM
I have a bunch of work books to get rid of but am waiting for the local swap. Then I will see what I can get for a bit and move from there.
jen2150
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I already did months ago. I currently have some books on Amazon. I am also giving a bunch away. They are general books and not curriculum exactly. I am buying and selling pretty much all year.
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:31 PM

I have a bunch of stuff we'll probably never use again, but I'm still holding onto it *just in case* I end up using it for my little guy. Maybe when he is well beyond that grade anymore I'll sell it...or donate it... Our library has a TON of homeschool stuff, so I might just donate it there if they want it. I've always been fearful to buy new stuff unless I can look at it before hand. I can not stand to have bent pages (crinkled/creased paper is my #1 pet peeve of all time), or writing in the margin, or highlighted lines. It drives me bonkers. One of the books I ordered has a bent corner on it from shipping, and it is taking every ounce of my being not to send it back, because it is such a stupid reason to, and I know it...I just can't help it! I see it and my eye starts twitching... 

TidewaterClan
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:06 PM

I'll sell the third grade stuff on eBay.  I've found some great deals on used stuff on Amazon and eBay.  

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:43 AM
I've never had any luck selling. I've got things that have been on ebay,Craig's list,and that homeschool selling thing for a year and not a single sale. I even tried my hs groups swap. I can't even give the stuff away!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN