Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Any one selling 1st , 2nd grade curriculum?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:33 AM
  • 6 Replies

I would like to buy if any one selling 1st grade or 2nd grade curriculum.

Interested in science, Bible and language arts.

by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 2:03 PM

I'm not, but you may need to specify what types of curriculum, unless you're sincerely okay with anything. In the group, we have secular home educators using secular materials (and the science materials with reflect that), young earth protestants using materials that reflect that, and Catholics who use Catholic curriculum (and the Bible curricula used by protestants/catholics differ from eachother, as do the science materials, often).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

julesjerry
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Any science and language arts. Bible - catholic.

Quoting julesjerry:

julesjerry
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Thank you for headsup. I just updated my post.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I'm not, but you may need to specify what types of curriculum, unless you're sincerely okay with anything. In the group, we have secular home educators using secular materials (and the science materials with reflect that), young earth protestants using materials that reflect that, and Catholics who use Catholic curriculum (and the Bible curricula used by protestants/catholics differ from eachother, as do the science materials, often).

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 2:23 PM
I brought the book called Home Learning Year by Year by Rebecca Ripped. Then I went to the library to see if they can help me and I asked for a home school teacher card.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

The Catholic curricula doesn't really have a bible study, formally, for this age - they use a catechism series (Faith and Life, or Seton), and use Bible stories/saint stories to supplement. Unfortunately, you are going to have a hard time finding them used, because they are sincerely very cheap to buy new (so it doesn't make sense to sell it second hand, most of the time).

You can buy Faith and Life grade 1 catechism, text and activity book, for about $15 new, or Seton's grade 1 catechism for the same price. Then you add The Catholic Children's Bible (stories) for $10, and some saint books (the Father Lovasik books are only about $3 each). <---- that is a typical Catholic catechism and bible study/saint study program.

Quoting julesjerry:

Any science and language arts. Bible - catholic.

Quoting julesjerry:

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

ETA: You might want to look at joining the Cathswap Yahoo group. Great stuff on there! Just be careful, and always compare the used prices to the new prices.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN