Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Explode the code help.

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 1:57 AM
  • 10 Replies
I have books 1-3. I did not get the manual, figured...I know this I can manage...

Is that true?? Do I ALWAYS need a manual? If you use it/like it, how do you set up lessons? How many pages/wk?

TIA
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 1:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 2:37 AM
I only use ours for the post tests; otherwise, I think it's pointless.
energygirl
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:40 AM

my daughter is a slow reader (first grade) and my son is quicker but at his level (kindergarden) so I am going to use the workbooks over the summer since my kids like worksheets. I am not planning on getting the teacher guides either....and am going to order the books off rainbow research since it seems to have the lowest price.... can't answer your question but am following to hear what others say :)

Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:18 AM

I think you can swing it without the manual.

I used it many years ago in public school and vaguely remember even looking at the manual. Some kids can fly through it - like seriously many, many pages a day. Some kids don't care for it as much or have a longer processing time.

For homeschooling, I did not pay for the manuals for Spellwell or WorldyWise... every so often there is something I'm not sure about but I figure it doesn't matter... a mistake might get made, we took our best guess, move on. I wouldn't mind having the WordlyWise tests, but not badly enough to pay for the teacher's manual to get them.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I got a few workbooks free at a trade and we used them just fine without the manual. Were there tidbits I missed because of it? Maybe but at that early level it's fairly easy to figure out.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:47 AM
I haven't used it, though, I may next year when Theo begins Kinder.
I am sure to buy the manual for my daughter's Math. Lol
SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:38 AM
So the post test is in the manual? Bummer.

I'll have a kinder and a 1st. Do I even really need the test??

Quoting chotovec82: I only use ours for the post tests; otherwise, I think it's pointless.
chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting SMTCMMoore: So the post test is in the manual? Bummer.

I'll have a kinder and a 1st. Do I even really need the test??

Quoting chotovec82: I only use ours for the post tests; otherwise, I think it's pointless.

Do you need the tests? Probably not but I liked them for reassurance purpose. The manuals are only 7 bucks and one book has two manuals in it.
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:26 PM

I haven't used it but here's a bump!

SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:06 PM
How do you set it up? 1 lesson per day? Week? How fast should they get through 8 books

chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:00 AM
Quoting SMTCMMoore: How do you set it up? 1 lesson per day? Week? How fast should they get through 8 books

My 8 yr. Old does a half lesson a day- so about 4 pages altogether. So the front and back of two pages.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN