Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How do you deal with other kids when they say...

Posted by   + Show Post
That they wish they were homeschooled?

Many of my kids' friends go to school and are at my house a lot. All of them have said at one time or another that they wish they could be homeschooled. I usually just try to change the subject. What do you say?
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 3:16 AM
Replies (11-16):
coala
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:04 PM

My children are always reminding their friends that they do work....most of these kids don't think you have to work as hard when you are at home.  There is another girl that wants to homeschool so she can sleep in.  Seriously!!!  There is so much more to it than that.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:07 PM

I say it is lots of hardwork and not always as fun as it seems.  But if they are sure they need to talk to their parents.

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:19 PM
I haven't had kids tell me they want to be homeschooled but I've had parents at my church angry when my son tells their kids he's hsed when they ask what school he goes to. Weird.
cheerylrob2
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Usually for us it is the parents who say they wish they could HS. They always say they don't have the patience.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:48 AM
This is usually what I say too. And I even heard DH say it to some kids last night..he actually told these random kids that hsing is harder than regular school. (Which was probably true for the school district these boys went to...even though I don't think our hsing is very hard, lol).

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I let them know it's not all fun and games, and there is a load of work they don't see.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Soooo many parents tell me they don't ave the patience...if only they knew how little patience I have! I think it's just an excuse for most parents.

Quoting cheerylrob2:

Usually for us it is the parents who say they wish they could HS. They always say they don't have the patience.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN