Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's a rainy Monday here. How is your week shaping up?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:41 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
It's so hard to get moving when the sun is hidden behind the clouds.
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmath
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Beautiful day here, makes it hard to want to get anything done!  We are back on track for D's school now.  I had to basically take last week off to deal with my Finals.  We are starting on the skeletal system this week, continuing dinosaurs and coding and reviewing in the other subjects.  D has baseball 4 nights this week so it is going to be a little crazy.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:50 AM
Yikes! That is a lot of baseball!

Quoting kmath:

Beautiful day here, makes it hard to want to get anything done!  We are back on track for D's school now.  I had to basically take last week off to deal with my Finals.  We are starting on the skeletal system this week, continuing dinosaurs and coding and reviewing in the other subjects.  D has baseball 4 nights this week so it is going to be a little crazy.

kmath
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Yeah, it is a lot more than he usually has.  We have two days of practice and then his first 2 games.  They pushed the first games back and added in some practices so this week is a lot worse than usual.  D is happy about it though.

Quoting mem82: Yikes! That is a lot of baseball!
Quoting kmath:

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Its going to be a nice day here today, followed by 3 days of rain. We're getting all our projects done today if we can help it. We're making retractable map for next year, we have some garden work, hubby is signing up for his classes this fall, and I'm scheduled to run a 5 mile hill workout today. Then later tonight, Jamie has play rehearsal.  
The rest of the week is booked solid, including sewing costumes for the play, and a full day of swimming at the nearby college and signing up for private lessons to jump start swim season. So happy we hardly have anything school wise left between the kids...but I guess that means I should get Jamie's portfolio together...hmmm....I guess I'll pencil that in for this weekend. 

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:05 AM
2 moms liked this

So my quick skimming of this tells me it's hard to work when it's rainy and it's hard to work when it's nice out.  :)  

We're signing up for our co-op today, working on some scout stuff, and planning next year.  Cake walk today.  :)

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

It says it's going to rain, but it's sunny and beautiful right now.  I'm hoping it stays that way.  My hubby is taking the boys out to build balsa airplanes and fly them after they finish their math and LA.  And I have promised I would teach them to play marbles, so I'd rather play that outside too.

TidewaterClan
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Yep, it sure is gloomy!  We have a doctor's appointment in a little bit, so we'll get most of our work done when we get back.  They have outside activities Tuesday and Thursday, but we'll have to see if those get canceled.  I wouldn't mind if they did honestly!

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Luckily it's pretty sunny over here. Me and Bubba are planning on having lunch with Nana then checking out the new park down the road. It's a 20 min bike ride so that should be fun,lol. Then he's been wanting to watch the Magic school bus episode about blood. *Shudders*  He's not my son! lol

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Sounds about right,lol.

Quoting hwblyf:

So my quick skimming of this tells me it's hard to work when it's rainy and it's hard to work when it's nice out.  :)  

We're signing up for our co-op today, working on some scout stuff, and planning next year.  Cake walk today.  :)

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:54 PM
In Missouri, it rained yesterday and today is grey and wet. We were a little slow to start, too.

We also just got back last night from a trip to kansas city. We were headed there anyway for a planned trip for mils bday. However, mils long term bf passed away too, so we went to the services with her.

He was almost "grandpa" type to my kids. They had just asked to call him Grandpa Joe about the time he got sick, so my kids were sad. It def affected mil the most, though.

It is her 60th bday this week too, so just stinks. He was a very sweet man and will be missed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN