Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Ot~ The correct way to breastfeed in public.

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:43 PM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

I saw this on Facebook and Cafemom. Too funny! I had to share with you ladies,lol.

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chillisarah
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw that on Fb also.  Lol, love it funny stuff :-)

bcogoli
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I love it!!!good

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Meh. I'm a fan of breasting discreetly. While I would never ogle or point, I don't believe in not having at least the top half of your breast covered while the baby covers the rest.

BFing mom of 4 here so don't try to jump my bum, ladies. LOL

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe strongly in bfing, but I also believe in modesty. Not out of shame,but out of respect for my husband. No man wants his wife's breasts on display.
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Well one, my body belongs to me, not my husband. And two, they're not on display, a baby is covering most of them.

Quoting Leissaintexas: I believe strongly in bfing, but I also believe in modesty. Not out of shame,but out of respect for my husband. No man wants his wife's breasts on display.

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

But what about tank tops? I'm seriously looking at the top half of my boobs as I type,lol.

Quoting mem82:

Meh. I'm a fan of breasting discreetly. While I would never ogle or point, I don't believe in not having at least the top half of your breast covered while the baby covers the rest.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:17 PM

^^I didn't say I approved of those, either.  LOLOL 8) Beyond that, even in a tank top you don't see the entire part of the boob. You see the first inch or so across. When breastfeeding, unless you a small on top, you are exposing way more plus the sides. I simply don't understand why everyone cant meet in the middle when it comes to BFing. A little discretion would do more for the BFing agenda than militant breast exposure.

Quoting paganbaby:

But what about tank tops? I'm seriously looking at the top half of my boobs as I type,lol.

Quoting mem82:

melindabelcher
by Mel on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Its one of those things that if it works for you great. But if i don't want to and I'm comfortable with it thats great to.

Quoting mem82:

^^I didn't say I approved of those, either.  LOLOL 8) Beyond that, even in a tank top you don't see the entire part of the boob. You see the first inch or so across. When breastfeeding, unless you a small on top, you are exposing way more plus the sides. I simply don't understand why everyone cant meet in the middle when it comes to BFing. A little discretion would do more for the BFing agenda than militant breast exposure.

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting mem82:

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess because it's such a personal issue. For myself I never felt comfortable hiding or covering. I didn't feel the need to conceal it when I bottle fed dd and the same went with ds and little dd. I just fed them and went about my day. 

Now that's not to say that anyone is wrong for using a cover or going into another room. You do whatever you have to do to have the best nursing experiance. 

Although... if I'm being honest I truly do not like covers. I would never say anything or give looks but I feel a cover is like a sign saying, "I'm doing something shameful, please don't look". Nothing else besides sex, and bathroom business is treated that way :-/

Quoting mem82:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting mem82:

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep.

Quoting melindabelcher: Its one of those things that if it works for you great. But if i don't want to and I'm comfortable with it thats great to.
Quoting mem82:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting mem82:

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)