Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ot~ The correct way to breastfeed in public.

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:43 PM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

I saw this on Facebook and Cafemom. Too funny! I had to share with you ladies,lol.

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chillisarah
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw that on Fb also.  Lol, love it funny stuff :-)

bcogoli
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I love it!!!good

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Meh. I'm a fan of breasting discreetly. While I would never ogle or point, I don't believe in not having at least the top half of your breast covered while the baby covers the rest.

BFing mom of 4 here so don't try to jump my bum, ladies. LOL

Leissaintexas
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe strongly in bfing, but I also believe in modesty. Not out of shame,but out of respect for my husband. No man wants his wife's breasts on display.
paganbaby
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Well one, my body belongs to me, not my husband. And two, they're not on display, a baby is covering most of them.

Quoting Leissaintexas: I believe strongly in bfing, but I also believe in modesty. Not out of shame,but out of respect for my husband. No man wants his wife's breasts on display.

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

But what about tank tops? I'm seriously looking at the top half of my boobs as I type,lol.

Quoting mem82:

Meh. I'm a fan of breasting discreetly. While I would never ogle or point, I don't believe in not having at least the top half of your breast covered while the baby covers the rest.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:17 PM

^^I didn't say I approved of those, either.  LOLOL 8) Beyond that, even in a tank top you don't see the entire part of the boob. You see the first inch or so across. When breastfeeding, unless you a small on top, you are exposing way more plus the sides. I simply don't understand why everyone cant meet in the middle when it comes to BFing. A little discretion would do more for the BFing agenda than militant breast exposure.

Quoting paganbaby:

But what about tank tops? I'm seriously looking at the top half of my boobs as I type,lol.

Quoting mem82:

melindabelcher
by Mel on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Its one of those things that if it works for you great. But if i don't want to and I'm comfortable with it thats great to.

Quoting mem82:

^^I didn't say I approved of those, either.  LOLOL 8) Beyond that, even in a tank top you don't see the entire part of the boob. You see the first inch or so across. When breastfeeding, unless you a small on top, you are exposing way more plus the sides. I simply don't understand why everyone cant meet in the middle when it comes to BFing. A little discretion would do more for the BFing agenda than militant breast exposure.

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting mem82:

paganbaby
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess because it's such a personal issue. For myself I never felt comfortable hiding or covering. I didn't feel the need to conceal it when I bottle fed dd and the same went with ds and little dd. I just fed them and went about my day. 

Now that's not to say that anyone is wrong for using a cover or going into another room. You do whatever you have to do to have the best nursing experiance. 

Although... if I'm being honest I truly do not like covers. I would never say anything or give looks but I feel a cover is like a sign saying, "I'm doing something shameful, please don't look". Nothing else besides sex, and bathroom business is treated that way :-/

Quoting mem82:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting mem82:

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep.

Quoting melindabelcher: Its one of those things that if it works for you great. But if i don't want to and I'm comfortable with it thats great to.
Quoting mem82:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting mem82:

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN