Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Poll

Question: Do you battle to find time to read now that you are a parent?

Options:

Yes, don't read anywhere near as much as I used to!

Yes, battle to find the time

No, I make time to read often!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 25

View Results

Personally, I love to read, but find I do not have the time now that i have 3 kids! :(

So to all my fellow reading moms... do you battle to find time to read now that you are a mom?

Really interested in seeing how reading changes as we have kids :)

by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I always make the time. Even when my kids were very young. I would sit down and read at the same time every day no matter how buys I was. It was my kids quiet time and mine. Many times my kids would grab a book and pretend they were reading with me. I think reading is like exercising you just have to make the time. I think it is important we model what habits we want our kids have. Agatha Christie is calling me right now!
HeidiDJF
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:45 AM

That is SO awesome, that you make time! I agree on being an example! :) x

SarahinWA
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 12:34 AM
I have always been a voracious reader. Now it's limited to an hour before sleep every night. But that is MY hour! :)
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on May. 1, 2014 at 10:21 AM
My youngest is 11so they are all very independent learners now. I have a few.subjects I actually teach but for the most part I read while they work and help as needed.
mommy2girls0506
by on May. 1, 2014 at 1:40 PM

I LOVE TO READ!!!!!!!!!!  I use to walk around with a book under my nose ALL the time.  My mom use to call me the name of the girl from Sound of Music that use to always have her nose in a book.  But now I can never find the time.... It sucks and it's funny we are talking about books cause I have library books due tomorrow.

Bleacher-mom
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 2:02 PM
For me I used to read a lot in HS and pretty much stopped when I was working full time and going out. Now that I have two kids and stay home more often I find I can read more. When they were younger I would read a couple of days during the week when they would nap. Now I usually read after they go to bed or while I'm watching them out side. Of course, once you get hooked on a really good book, like I am now, you will make time to fit in every minute you can. Lol
dee06
by New Member on May. 1, 2014 at 2:06 PM

At least a few pages every night. My reading time is just before I go to bed

incogNinja
by on May. 1, 2014 at 6:10 PM
I often sacrifice sleep to meet "quotas" lol. Example , I wanted to read each of the Game of Thrones books within a week. The first two , I did it. The third one haha.. It's going to be closer to two. Mainly i read while I'm laying down and nursing , and at the kids "bed" time
KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 1, 2014 at 7:31 PM

If I don't read every day then I'm not fit to be around. Lol it's my drug of choice.....that and coffee.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 1, 2014 at 7:33 PM

How was the Game of Thrones? This is the first time I watched a series/movie before reading the books. Now I'm nervous..lol

but I agree. I'll give up sleep, food, anything for a good book.

Quoting incogNinja: I often sacrifice sleep to meet "quotas" lol. Example , I wanted to read each of the Game of Thrones books within a week. The first two , I did it. The third one haha.. It's going to be closer to two. Mainly i read while I'm laying down and nursing , and at the kids "bed" time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)