Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

WWYD about this form?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:38 AM
  • 7 Replies
My 3 year old gets speech through Child Search and brought home a form yesterday. It has no letterhead on it or explanation of what it will be used for. It asks for his name and birthday, our names, address and phone number and which preschool/prek/ K he will be attending in the fall. There's no option for staying home. I'm not registering him for hs with the state until he's 7. He's expected to be dismissed from speech before K. I'm probably being paranoid, but I'm reluctant to send it in.
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
melindabelcher
by Mel on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't send it back. If it was on a letterhead or identified what it was for I would send it back with home listed as the prek.
If they give you a hard time just say you are chosing to homeschool.
kmath
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:44 AM

I would be finding out exactly what it is for before I would even consider filling it out.

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:08 PM

You could put n/a (not applicable) or just put homeschool.

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM
I don't want to say hs though because he isn't registered yet. I don't want to open up a can of worms. Maybe n/a would be best.

Quoting Knightquester:

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

If it's not illegal to homeschool and register until age 7, then I wouldn't worry too much on it.  You could also say "planning to" homeschool, but he's only 3 right now and things change so much that I doubt anybody will take what you write down into a huge consideration.

The form is so that they can start services at whatever facility of learning your child is registered for.  It would be highly illegal and unethical if they took any medical forms and disclosed it to the state because they didn't agree with the type of schooling your child had... doubtful they'd want that lawsuit on their hands.

Quoting Bluecalm: I don't want to say hs though because he isn't registered yet. I don't want to open up a can of worms. Maybe n/a would be best.
Quoting Knightquester:

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Same here.

Quoting kmath:

I would be finding out exactly what it is for before I would even consider filling it out.

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:15 PM

weird that there is no letterhead. But I imagine a lot of preschools and early childhood intervention services do this and then they send it to the preschool or kindergarten you indicate along with their records. If yo uever get to a public school. jsut wait till you see the volume of stupid forms on no letterhead with duplicate information... hopefullly you never deal with public schools to find that all out!

I, too, have become very wary of why so many records and who is sharing what.

You could either ignore it and not fill it out at al, or just put the minimum, like his name, and put "undecided" in the pre-k/K spot. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)